Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Finally the Mini Funtana is Flying!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Finally the Mini Funtana is Flying!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 07:53 PM
SukhoiKid
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally the Mini Funtana is Flying!

I finally got my Mini Funtana flying. It is flying great. I am getting 11 min flights. Does the best blender. Also the rolling harriers are awesome. Still working on the hovering. My rudder is kind of tight and it doesnt move that fast. I need to fix it because I have digital servos on all my control surfaces. How well does yawls knifeedge. Mine will just hold a knifeedge and barely climb.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:58 PM
ten pillows

Default RE: Finally the Mini Funtana is Flying!

What motor are you flying? Glad you like it, I love mine!

ten pillows
Old 02-26-2005, 09:28 AM
fcawth

I have the standard power setup (Park400, stock GB, stock 12x6, TP2100) and can go vertical from knife edge in low rates at nearly full throttle (rudder fairly close to recommended I think). I think I could do it before I added to the rudder, but I now have an extra piece on the end of the rudder that helps a bit. I have HS-55 servos all around.
Anyone successfully done a knife-edge loop with this plane??
FC
Old 02-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Futurase
My Feedback: (10)

Yes, I have doen a knife edge loop. I had to add about a 30% up elevator mix to rudder to get a straight knife edge, but I stil have to fly the elevator at low speeds a lot. No way to mix out the pitch coupling at all speeds[:@]

Mine will almost do a boxed knife edge. I just have the stock setup. HS 55's and a GWS on the rudder. It is weaker than a HS 55so, it must not take much power. Works fine and centers good though. My first experience with one. The trick is on the down side of the loop it sure wants to level the wings out. Just takes some practice, but mine hasgobs of rudder authority. I fly knife edge circuits. I put it on its side and fly the pattern around the field. Thing is insane.

Hovering is pretty good once you get it dialed in. The front hole for the wing is a joke. 3D's better in the stock position. Just makes it impossible to land and super twitchy. Mine is a tiny, tiny bit tail heavy anyway as I have the TP 1900. I get 15 minutes of hard 3D with it.

I like to fly slow inverted figure 8's right in front of me. Thing is SO predictable.

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:34 AM
SukhoiKid
My Feedback: (15)

I have the eflight brushless 400 motor. It has the power I know. My rudder really needs working on though. I am going to try to fix it before I fly it again.