Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

3D Foamy Models is Under New Ownership

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

3D Foamy Models is Under New Ownership

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Levi_Jordan
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D Foamy Models is Under New Ownership

Hello to all my R/C Friends…. This is Levi here and I have some great news o share with you….

As many of you know I started and built 3D Foamy Models. Thanks to all your loyal support, we quickly became one of the top suppliers of foamy 3D kits and Depron Park Jet manufacturers. I continually pushed the envelope for design, quality, and ideas…

However, as the business grew to a larger and more complicated setup it began to show that I was not blessed with management in the same way as I was blessed in the design and idea area. One major problem that I have always encountered was a consistent shipment of orders…. That one area has made the business suffer and I just cannot have that happen….

SSSSOOOOOOO….. Brooke and I decided to retire from the manufacturing business and close up the shop. Well as soon as some close acquaintances heard that, word spread and soon people were offering to help with everything from e-mails to the manufacturing and production line. However, that did not fix the fact that I excelled as a dreamer and designer, not a manager. Numerous people decided that 3D Foamy was just too important to see it “Go Away” and I was encouraged to place the business for sale to allow someone else to take over and build up from the successes and streamline the problem areas.

I am please to say that after 2 weeks of behind the scenes work, that 3D Foamy Models is now ofically under the ownership of John Vanderhage (JohnVH) Many of you know his reputation here on the forums as a moderator and huge supporter of the hobby, and I couldn’t be happier to announce these changes.

I will continue to act as chief engineer, but will no longer be involved with the daily business activities such as manufacturing, ordering, shipping, and support. The shop is in the process of being relocated to it’s new home in the Seattle area of Washington State!

John is a man of personal integrity, dedicated to his work and will be taking the business to a whole new level of operation. I couldn’t bee happier for this to take place…. Many of you who personally know me understand that I try to do everything possible to make my customers happy, well john is the same way. He just has the 10+ years of business operations experience to build from.

Please welcome him into his new venture, and support him as you all have supported me.

Thanks for all your kind comments, suggestions and love for this sport….

Sincerely,

Levi Jordan- Former Owner of 3D Foamy Models
Old 05-25-2005, 10:46 AM
emnm79
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: 3D Foamy Models is Under New Ownership

schwing!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:13 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, my turn!

To start off, Im a sick puppy modeler ( as Mikey likes to put it ;^) ), Ill admit it, my wife knows it, and most of you do to. I fly everything from 3DFoamy’s, nitro planes, giant scale gas planes, (my largest is a 41% CompARF 3.3mYAK) I also do helicopters, and fly turbine powered jets. Other arena’s, Im a drag racing fan, I have a street mustang that in street trim with slicks runs a best to date of 10.94@126mph in the quarter with a small block and no power adder, there is a lot more in the car as I have only started on the tune, and yes, I have gotten groceries in this thing. And have owned a rare Saleen SSC. I get into a lot of things, and only do it full on, there is no half way with me. And with the support of my loving wife, family, friends, you modelers, and the grace of God, that will never change.

So if your curious about any more of that stuff, feel free to ask away… The more important and exciting thing at hand is 3DFoamy! Like my buddy Levi has said, he will remain around as the chief engineer and now will have more time to concentrate on the newest market leading design for us to show the world, as he has already proven his awesome abilities in designing the best foam aircraft made today, I know I for one have never ceased to be amazed. And am besides myself to be in this position. And trust me, there will be so many more exciting things coming from this amazing man and 3DFoamy in the future! Stay tuned, you’ll be glad you did! (oh man I’m so excited!!!)

My part and goal here, since the only issue in the past has been the shipping of orders, is to never run out of materials for one, (although I am not in control of the companies I will be relying on, just as Levi wasn’t, I will do my best to order enough to stay on top of that) but will also work like a mad man and have enough help to keep up with the orders so everything can get shipped asap when you put it into your shopping cart. We will have a good stock of aircraft on hand.

Now, from you the modeler all I ask is a little grace period, and understanding as I am getting prepared to take this bull by the horns that Levi and Brooke have so amazingly built and fed, it will be exciting to keep it under control. Above all, I appreciate your understanding, and support, and feedback. Together we can make great things happen.

In the mean time, keep flying, posting, reading and enjoying this amazing hobby we all have such a great passion for!

Your friend,
John
Old 05-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Hideho all,

OK, so here's the bottom line friends, production and delivery problems are fixed, permanently, and Levi is still married to 3D Foamy, doing what he does best.

ETA on shipping from the new location is 2-3 weeks, tops.
Shoot, answer the phone for 5 mins and BAMN!, like 10 posts...
Well done and well said, Levi my friend, Johnny and I got some work ahead, you betcha!

FWIW, I have only been involved in this as a mentor, adviser and friend to get this acquisition done as fast and as s-m-o-o-t-h as possible.
I applaud the effort, commitment and heart that Levi and John have shown through this whole process.

To say that I'm excited is an understatement.

Can't wait to Gitter dun Boys!
Best to you all,
Mike
Old 05-25-2005, 12:28 PM
ravenpower

Hi,I'm still waiting my order #13499 !!!!!!!
Let me know what I have to do, because I have made payment on March 30 '05 and I haven't received nothing.
Lot of email and no response!!!!!!
Now the notice that the owner is changed!!!!!!
Where are my money?
I hope that you make a refound in the next few hours or I'll start a fraud money refoud with my C/C company.

Roversi Marco
Rome
Italy
Old 05-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Mike Bogh

Man, what a Idio....
ORIGINAL: ravenpower

Hi,I'm still waiting my order #13499 !!!!!!!
Let me know what I have to do, because I have made payment on March 30 '05 and I haven't received nothing.
Lot of email and no response!!!!!!
Now the notice that the owner is changed!!!!!!
Where are my money?
I hope that you make a refound in the next few hours or I'll start a fraud money refoud with my C/C company.

Roversi Marco
Rome
Italy
Now to address the issue that everyone has one their minds... what about MY kit???

Well, as it was mentioned, we got the carbon in for 50 kits, and those 50 were packed up yesterday, and there are a few more going out today. With a few exceptions, this took the shipments up to order #15232

With the sale of the business, and an unknown date on the rest of the carbon delivery we will be refunding all orders that are not shipped out by this Friday. I know that many of you waited really patiently, and are really excited to start building... but I didn't anticipate the supply problems, and don't want to be holding onto your $ any longer. I have spoken to John VH (New Owner! *claps*) and he has agreed to extend a special discount to anyone that gets their order refunded. We'll be e-mailing you a refund confirmation that has the coupon code in it..... PLEASE don't be upset with the refunds... we're thinking of our customers best interests here. John has some great ideas for running the new 3DF, and I can tell ya, product shipments won't be an issue anymore! Please support him as he starts out.... ETA on the shop being back up and running at the new location will be 2-3 weeks. There is ALOT of manufacturing equipment to be relocated. I'll be assisting the entire move, and then we'll resume the manufacturing and build up an inventory for him to start with. At that time, he will be grateful to ship you orders out very quickly.

I want to really thank you guys for all the good and even the bad that has gone on... it's an awesome privelage to know there are supporters and contributors to the success we've had.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:43 PM
ravenpower

You are ok, the money ($400) are not yours!!!!
and after 60 days I can say hello also to my refound from C/C company.
If you were me what you will done?

Old 05-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Levi_Jordan

Ravenpower>>>

I understand you are from Rome, and may not speak english fluently, so here is a cop/paste of the post from above that is from Levi....

With the sale of the business, and an unknown date on the rest of the carbon delivery we will be refunding all orders that are not shipped out by this Friday. I know that many of you waited really patiently, and are really excited to start building... but I didn't anticipate the supply problems, and don't want to be holding onto your $ any longer. I have spoken to John VH (New Owner! *claps*) and he has agreed to extend a special discount to anyone that gets their order refunded. We'll be e-mailing you a refund confirmation that has the coupon code in it.....
Old 05-25-2005, 12:52 PM
ravenpower

Hi,Mike

you was so qick to tell me that I'm an id...
now you have no response?

Marco
Old 05-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Mike Bogh

You are ok, the money ($400) are not yours!!!!
and after 60 days I can say hello also to my refound from C/C company.
If you were me what you will done?

READ THE POST!
DID YOU SEE YOUR ORDER NUMBER?
Get a grip!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Mike Bogh

[:-]
Old 05-25-2005, 12:56 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Hmmmm....the plot thickens on "Days of our Foamies".

JohnVH, shoot me a PM on you know what.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:59 PM
ravenpower

Oh yes Mike,
I've read the numbers, but they told me about one week agò that they have shipped them and then this morning that my order is still to be shipped.

It's not easy for me to understand where is the true, you probably know the 3d foamy staff, I don't.

Marco
Old 05-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Mike Bogh

Relax Marco, take a DEEP breath
Everything is f-i-n-e.....
Old 05-25-2005, 01:11 PM
ravenpower

Don't worry Mike,I'm relaxed
but I'd like to know from someone of 3d foamy if they had shipped my order or if they will refound me.
Also, I suppose that you are in the model business, also I, and I suppose that you agree with me that thi isn't the best service available.

Marco
Old 05-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Ben-Rod

ORIGINAL: bdavison

Hmmmm....the plot thickens on "Days of our Foamies".

JohnVH, shoot me a PM on you know what.

LOL thats pretty funny... Keep on truckin guys every things gonna be alright..

Ben
Old 05-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Mike Bogh

OK, last time, please read EVERY word, then please show some patience.

Don't worry Mike,I'm relaxed
but I'd like to know from someone of 3d foamy if they had shipped my order or if they will refund me.
Also, I suppose that you are in the model business, also I, and I suppose that you agree with me that thi isn't the best service available.

Marco
With the sale of the business, and an unknown date on the rest of the carbon delivery we will be refunding all orders that are not shipped out by this Friday. I know that many of you waited really patiently, and are really excited to start building... but I didn't anticipate the supply problems, and don't want to be holding onto your $ any longer. I have spoken to John VH (New Owner! *claps*) and he has agreed to extend a special discount to anyone that gets their order refunded. We'll be e-mailing you a refund confirmation that has the coupon code in it..... PLEASE don't be upset with the refunds... we're thinking of our customers best interests here. John has some great ideas for running the new 3DF, and I can tell ya, product shipments won't be an issue anymore! Please support him as he starts out.... ETA on the shop being back up and running at the new location will be 2-3 weeks. There is ALOT of manufacturing equipment to be relocated. I'll be assisting the entire move, and then we'll resume the manufacturing and build up an inventory for him to start with. At that time, he will be grateful to ship you orders out very quickly.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

John,
Good luck with your new venture.

Mike,
Watch the blood pressure..............
Old 05-25-2005, 02:57 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Seems Raven received a confirmation that his order was shipped....

I think all he is asking is WAS his order ACTUALLY shipped or will he get a refund..... No need to keep posting the same thread.....
Old 05-25-2005, 03:28 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck all on the new company ownership. I have known john on these boards for years now. If you look at his post count you know he is fanatical about RC and having a passion like that for something truly helps the chances for great success.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:16 PM
ravenpower

Hi, anycase I haven't received any response.

Marco
Old 05-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Taildragger726

Thumbs up, guys !!!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Levi_Jordan

Marco>>>

I understand you now... It looks like your order was refunded on 4/11, but only partially. So I refunded the remaining amount just now. PM me if you need any clarification or ref. numbers.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:48 AM
ravenpower

Hi,
you are right Levi, you have made a refound to me of $123.00 because you didn't applied the retailer discount,now you have to refound $287.00 missing from the original ammount of $410.10 from the first payment I have sent to you.
Please Email me when you send the refound.
Thanks

Marco Roversi
Old 05-26-2005, 09:51 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Wow! $400!! Thats quite a bit of foam!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.