Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

lil banshee

Old 07-31-2005, 06:13 PM
manic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lil banshee

Anyone have the lil banshee. Looking for a new plane, just broke the nose off of my 3d buddy edge 540 for the third time. i am getting sick of repairing it!!!!!!!!!!! The Banshee caught my eye, just wondering if anyone has first hand experience with one.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:09 PM
morpower
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: lil banshee

I have 2 of them and I like them. --john
Old 08-01-2005, 09:14 PM
lenz rc
My Feedback: (228)

I got one and they rock. I have the Cemark power pack with 1000 10c 3 cell getting about 15 min flight. Love the slow rolling circles
Old 08-01-2005, 10:25 PM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

Ordered mine through the local shop over two weeks ago and still waiting. Got the chance to fly a friends and can hardly wait to get my own.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:43 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Ditto these guys...

I've had nothing but loads of fun with mine. I do a lot of hover practice and tailtouching with mine. If you don't hammer the throttle and goof it just lays over without any damage. Dine it many times.

It's really a fun plane.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Epoxy Cup

Maudib

A friend bought the Little Banshee after seeing it fly indoors at the Puallup Wa. show. He got the plane complete with the Cermark outrunner power system. It's a great flying plane, flat spins, hover, harrier, not real good at knife edge though. It allowed him to hone his skills in his back yard for when he takes his 1.20 size glows to the field[8D].
I liked it so much I picked up the red&white at the LHS. I am useing an AXI 2808 in mine and iall I can say is ditto on being a great little plane. What I really like is the thought Cermark put into this. First is the internal passage for the rear servo's wires. Next the battery tray with included velcro straps that allow you to slide the batt. a little forward or aft to suit your flying style. Then the design to mount the ourunners or inrunners whatever you choose. All this and real hinges. Last but not least is the wire tie fastening for the Landing Gear. This allows the wire tie to maybe break on a hard landing, dissapating some of the shock. You simply replace the wire tie instead of broken balsa. Did I mention the nice covering and easy build.
Well they are so cool and we were haveing so much fun my friends wife decided she wanted one. the green one has joined the fleet, I guess you figured out his is purple. The only negative that might be thrown in, is some kits may have a warped aileron or some other part, remember this is tiny balsa and strech covering. If you run into this try heating and straightening, this generally will take care of it.
Bottom line, you get a lot in the Lil Banchee you dont get in others, get one you will love this airplane.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:25 PM
r/cdawg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add me to the list of those who give the Banshee a big thumbs up. Park 400 O.R., E-flite 20 amp esc, TP 1320, Electron 6 and HS-55's. Lots of fun, plenty of power (maybe not abusive), and landing gear that really works. Some nights it's fun to take off the club field, which is all grass, and do touch & goes just as smooth as the big boys.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:28 PM
altacom
My Feedback: (3)

I just built the Lil Banshee, and can't get it to fly right. Using an AXI 2808/24 and it has plenty of power. But is extremely unstable and wont fly well. One of the guys said that it is probably not balanced right, or the thrust line is not right.

I have about 1.5 degrees of down and right thrust, but balanced at the 3.75 to 4 inches called for in the plans is perhaps where the problem lies. It was suggested that I move the CG to about 2.75 to 3 inches, balancing closer to the spar, it would settle it down. It took 1.5 ounces of lead to get it there.

Haven't gotten to the field with it since making the change, so thought I'd check with someone that my have flown the plane before I took another chance of burying it. We were lucky to have some tall grass to Land/Control the Crash in on the first flight. Otherwise I might have to buy a new one after 1 flight.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:29 PM
hemituda

Mine has 5 flight and is incredible. Either at 3.75 or 4 in cg. How did u mount the axi? Did you use the goofy cermark mount? That shuold put the thrust line right right where it should be. It is always very trim sensitive to me at any given cg although it is more forgiving in the forward range. Hope this is some help as i just flew mine for the first time on sat. Keith
Old 07-18-2006, 08:35 PM
altacom
My Feedback: (3)

I sent an Email to Cermark and received a response within an hour. This may be what was giving me fits. Next day at the field will tell the story.

Dick,
Thank you for your interest in Cermark products.

I have been building since 1955. I have flown almost all types of R/C from single channel rudder only models to Autogyros. My first flight with the Lil Banchee was also heart stopping! The control throws and C of G shown in the instructions are for 3-D flying. I found the model was pitch divergent and rolled so fast I could not even begin to enjoy flying the thing. After landing (and changing my shorts) I reduced the control throws to 3/8" up and down aileron, 1/2" up and down elevator and 1" either way on the rudder. I moved the battery pack forward, tried again and really enjoyed flying the model! The difference was night and day.

Problem is if we released the model with those control throws, the 3-D fliers would send them all back to us because the model wouldn't 3-D! No one would buy a Corvette with a 4-cylinder engine coupled to an automatic transmission for the same reason.

Try reducing the throws and moving the C ofG forward like I did, The Lil Banchee will become a whole different airplane!

Regards,
Randy