Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Best 3D setup for the Eflite Yak

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Best 3D setup for the Eflite Yak

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 10:39 PM
dizzane
My Feedback: (140)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 3D setup for the Eflite Yak

Ok, I want to know whats the best power(lots of 3D pwer) for this plane? I was going to put the eflite 400 outrunner into it but I think I want more power and I just put it into a fun little fling wing(very speedy). Let me know what you guy that have this plane are setup with, as far as motor and esc.
Thanks
Duane
Old 08-21-2005, 04:33 PM
tf2psycho
Banned

Default RE: Best 3D setup for the Eflite Yak

i have a brushless 4100kv with gearbox never had problems and hangs on the prop at 50% throttle.......

yes im running the 4100kv and gearbox the 11x8 is like one size down from 12x6 never used the 12x6 and never will because the plane really does everything with the 11x8 ...i feel if i try the 12x6 i might crash or motor might get to hot ...i have 2 12x6 props never used ....even when i was flying the tribute around i never used the 12x6 ........(your right on with the setup your using the outrunners ,,need smaller props so that 10x whatever will be perfect for your setup )......
i have a 22m 1000kv outrunner you have to use rubber band to put prop on ..lol
[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=568595]yak 54f prop hangs on gearbox[/link]

what would be cool for this plane and have huge power would be the park400 brushless with gearbox (its used on mini edge (heavier plane) 400with gearbox would be killer35 amp esc and ......2100 li po.........dont know if this is too much power and wings rip apart if it happens then sorry
[X(][X(][X(][>:]
Old 08-22-2005, 10:51 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

I got a chance to fly one of these yaks the other day. Im quite impressed with the kit.
And it flys pretty well.

I however am not in the least impressed with the park 370 gearbox set-up that they recommend. That park 370 brushless (while it has TONS of power) gets absolutely blistering hot even on a short run. I've recently flown this setup not only in the yak, but also in a tribute 3d. Both of them get so hot you cant touch the motor.

Both are swinging the recommended 12x6 prop. What are you guys doing to keep them cool? Heatsink? Undersized prop?

Old 08-22-2005, 11:17 AM
tf2psycho
Banned

i keep telling people to use the 11x8 gws prop with the brushless park370 4100kv and gear box the 12x6 makes motor run hot the 11x8 doesnt and hangs by the prop at 50% throttle ....use the 11x8 if you have the park370 and gearbox ...please and thank me later