Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

which one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:41 AM
mountaindr3wz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which one?

okay i narrowed down to these planes: hot rod mini, hobby lobby yak 55,ikarus yak shock flyer, or a edge 540 shock flyer. im really diggin that hot rod do u think its a good plane?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:03 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: which one?

Depends on what kind of flying your planning on doing, and where.

The shockflyers are the best indoor planes, but can be a handful outdoors in a wind.
The Edge hovers really well, the ikarus Yak does really wild 3D stuff.
The hot rod seems like a nice plane, I haven't flown one, but Ive heard it does real well with a reverse pitch prop.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:05 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

I have the HL Yak with VPP flies great!

I love my Yak
and for $20... I have a fleet.. some active and a couple ready to go as backups!
Old 08-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

You won't go wrong with what one you pick. They all fly good you mentioned. I almost had or flew them all.
My favorite out of the ones you said were the mini hot rod or shocky yak. They are all out 3D and flew pretty smooth. The mini hot rod is the quickest one though, it does 3D like nothing else.
HL yak 55 flies great, cheap, cant beat it.
The Generation 1 shcokys (edge, extra, superstar) are also great flying planes, but the newer ones are a little better.
I use either 2204/54 or 2208/34 in all my foamies and have a ball. U got to love these 3d foamies.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:00 PM
mountaindr3wz

yhea thanks i think im gonna go with the mini hot rod it has a really good scheme on it too. is it preatty hard to assemble?
Old 08-25-2005, 03:08 PM
FAST-ROPER

I looked at getting the Mini Hot Rod as well. I actually settled (Last minute) on a Tufflight 4-D Lite and although I'm still putting it together, I have been happy so far. This plane is really going to be difficult to tear up. I can lterally roll the wing up, release it, and POOF!! it's a wing again. You may be a more experienced 3D pilot than I am and not have to worry as much about crashing but it would be worth a look. The videos on the Tufflight site are the only ones I know of that show deliberate crashes to demonstrate the durability of the plane. Some of which would be catastrophic to depron planes. The Mini Hot-Rod is a pretty awesome looking plane though. Good luck!!
Old 08-25-2005, 03:24 PM
mountaindr3wz

yhea the only thing im scard about is the price i dont know if they already had a sale for the hot rod mini? i hope they didnt cause i would die!!! but if i get to get one which ever plane i get ima ask you guys first on what things to look for
Old 08-25-2005, 04:59 PM
mountaindr3wz

well they didnthave the hot rod on sale but i still got it but kind expensive tough. what glue and accelorator should i use? and any onther building matireals