Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Dymond D47 servos

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:37 PM
rcrick
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dymond D47 servos

Is anyone using these on their lightweight Shocky ?

Website claims: 4.7grams, 20 oz. torque and 0.1 speed

THANKS,

Rick
Old 01-25-2006, 09:42 PM
twinturbostang

Default RE: Dymond D47 servos

Website claims are all correct... except for the speed. Spec sheet that came with mine said 0.18 seconds. Rounded off CORRECTLY, that's really 0.2 seconds.

However, that being said, I really like mine. They are very powerful and super small. Yet are durable too. I've torn up other brand servos by accidentally banging the tail into the door frame, etc. I've bumped these several times, but they are holding up with no problems!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:34 PM
DMACK
My Feedback: (9)

Used them on several shockies, with giant servo arms. I haven't broken or stripped one yet!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:33 AM
airdave213
My Feedback: (4)

I have three of these and I must say they are the best sub-micro servos that I have tried. truly great micro size, very strong, handles abuse well (and I mean serious abuse which includes even complete aircraft destroying crashes!) I would highly recommended anyone to try.

in my own experience, while trying to be frugal I have purchased almost all the slightly cheaper priced ones and ended up stripping them or breaking them in one way or another which made my attempts to save a few bucks turn into losing more money, not to mention my time & frustration . The Dymond servos are still working without any problems other than the wires and plugs not being able to stand up to my abuse. If the wires were better then I would say they are perfect. Nevertheless I still consider them better than the rest. I wasted more money trying to find an equal quality for less, I should have just rewired the servos from the get go. I learned my lesson about 20 useless servos later....
Old 01-26-2006, 07:34 AM
rick at work
My Feedback: (3)

I have both the Dymond D47 and the Bluebird 306 BB servos. I am trying to decide which ones to use. The D47's are 4.7 grams ,but their speed is only .18. The B.bird's are 6.6 grams and the speed is .10

Decisions, decisions ??
Old 10-05-2008, 09:47 PM
We3R/C

ORIGINAL: DMACK

Used them on several shockies, with giant servo arms. I haven't broken or stripped one yet!
Hey Dmack, Got a lmk to the "Giant" arms for the d-47?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 PM
3DownLow
My Feedback: (4)

Used D-47's in an E-flite Tribute FX 3D. Very good servos. Had to make my own carbon 3D arms as the stock ones are really small for 3D work. I sold the plane after 200 flights and the guy I sold it too still has the plane flying and all servos still work. Pretty impressive. I've used lots of other brands and these are worth it. F3P flyers have routed 7.4v power directly to the servos and report increased speed. Maybe if you get a voltage reg it may help supplying 6v to them to increase speed. My .02
Old 10-21-2008, 03:11 AM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are the best servos for 5-8 ouce foamies, and you will see that some of the good distributors recommend them: www.fancyfoam.com and www.skipmillermodels.com, just to name a few. I bought several after watching Skip Miller fly both his Vrolet and Mercury with D-47s in them. Now that is all I use.

Kurt Bozarth