Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Mini Katana Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Katana Mods

ORIGINAL: novabill

APC 11X4.7 (we have been playing with the 12X3.8 and it seems better for 3D and punches out of hover harder)

I'm running the exact same setup except for the receiver and rudder servo. Is that the 12x3.8SF or E? I've wanted to try a 12" prop for more propwash but have been afraid of the amps. What are you getting? How different is it from the 11x4.7 (that I'm currently using). Thanks!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 01:13 PM
novabill

ORIGINAL: Ryguy

APC 11X4.7 (we have been playing with the 12X3.8 and it seems better for 3D and punches out of hover harder)

I'm running the exact same setup except for the receiver and rudder servo. Is that the 12x3.8SF or E? I've wanted to try a 12" prop for more propwash but have been afraid of the amps. What are you getting? How different is it from the 11x4.7 (that I'm currently using). Thanks!!!
One thing we found is that with the 12X3.8, you cant stay in it for more than about 5 seconds (by that time you are 150 feet up anyway) It deffinately taxes the motor more, but we have been flying in 85-90 degree weather and that might account for some heat. The temps are all within reason though so we keep running it. It's the 12X3.8SF.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:48 PM
nitrodude71
My Feedback: (23)

katana mini ????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys iv been watching this thread for a while. and now i too have been bittin by the katana bug. so i just wanted to ask you guys a few ???? first of all would the spektrum dx6 system be great for the km ? and how bout the spektrum mini servos iv not heard much about them..and is this a pretty decent setup for the km and a pretty decent price over here at copperhead? any and all input would be great thanks guys..[link=http://www.copperheadaviation.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=175]http://www.copperheadaviation.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=175[/link]
Old 07-07-2006, 07:23 PM
novabill

ORIGINAL: nitrodude71

katana mini ????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys iv been watching this thread for a while. and now i too have been bittin by the katana bug. so i just wanted to ask you guys a few ???? first of all would the spektrum dx6 system be great for the km ? and how bout the spektrum mini servos iv not heard much about them..and is this a pretty decent setup for the km and a pretty decent price over here at copperhead? any and all input would be great thanks guys..[link=http://www.copperheadaviation.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=175]http://www.copperheadaviation.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=175[/link]
Just make sure you use a stronger servo for the rudder. HS 56HB is what we like to use.

www.venomengines.com

Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

You have to be pulling well over 400 watts with that prop. I checked an A30 28S with an 11X4.7SF, and it's right at 400 watts. I might bolt a 12X3.8Sf on my 2830-1095 and see what numbers I get. If they aren't too bad then I'll give it a try.
One thing we found is that with the 12X3.8, you cant stay in it for more than about 5 seconds (by that time you are 150 feet up anyway) It deffinately taxes the motor more, but we have been flying in 85-90 degree weather and that might account for some heat. The temps are all within reason though so we keep running it. It's the 12X3.8SF.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:51 PM
ecase

I hope this is the right place for this request. My KM should arrive in a couple of days. I have been looking for a review giving building advise, tips and hints. Can anyone point to the right place?
Thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ini+Mod+Thread