Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

3DFoamy SU26MX

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Abraxxas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3DFoamy SU26MX

I built one of the SU26MX Sukhoi's from 3DFoamy.com plans I downloaded and WOW does it fly good! I've had and or flown many 3DX's, Foamyfactory Ultimate bipe, Fancyfoam Cap and Extra's etc... and I must say this is one of the best flying foamys I've had yet! Before I put the gear on it weighed in at 13.6oz with a TP 1320 3c strapped in and dual aileron servos.

This thing 3D's like a built up kit, it snaps beautiful, hovers and harriers are stable, fast forward and high alpha knife edge are outstanding... in fast forward flight I can roll to KE and take my right hand off the transmitter and just hold the required rudder and it doesnt couple with ail or elev at all. Does inverted flat spins realistically, not just tight flat rudder turns like most foamys, it actually pivots on the canopy area. It does power off inverted elevators flat and straight with just full down, no wing rock or drift at all, just floats down like a feather! Rolling harriers are awesome, flys very precise and doesnt seem to "hunt" at high speeds either like most do. I hinged it with dubro mini pinned hinges 4 in each ail, 2 on each elev half and 3 in the rudder. Made the cute little pull-pull system with 10# fishing line for the rudder which works great.

Anyways, just had to share my thoughts on this one and give it a high recommendation if you're searching for something new and different, I've always loved the looks of the radial fuse on the full scale Sukhois and wanted a foamy with the same look, the fact that it flys so great was just an added bonus

Couple of pics below, already had to replace the right aileron, hence the graphix not back on it yet LOL
I also added the little swept tips on the aileron ends and the top of the rudder, they are not part of the plans I've just always loved the looks of them on the Turbo Ravens so I decided they would add something different to this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36226.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	422586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39637.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	422587   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26051.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	422588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb81683.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	422589  
Old 03-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Oh Yeah!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3DFoamy SU26MX

Nice looking Su26MX Abraxxas. I know what you mean... this is, by far, my favorite one too!!!