Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

GOOD PLANE FOR THE GP RIMFIRE 22-1000?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

GOOD PLANE FOR THE GP RIMFIRE 22-1000?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 02:07 PM
GEEBEEPILOT
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOOD PLANE FOR THE GP RIMFIRE 22-1000?

I have a GP Rimfire 22m-1000 that was just taken out of my flatout CAP 580. I was very unhappy with the flatout's performance and would like to put this set-up in another plane. What's a good 3-D plane for the GP brushless setup other then the flatout planes?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-11-2006, 08:09 PM
SuperKaos
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: GOOD PLANE FOR THE GP RIMFIRE 22-1000?

I put a rimfire in a 3D Foamy Supercap and it flew awesome. Only need to use like half throttle to fly it. You can also try the Flatout Reflections, it flies nothing like the single wing Flatouts...

Old 03-11-2006, 08:10 PM
SuperKaos
My Feedback: (2)

Duh, I just posted a vid of the Reflections here...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_40...tm.htm#4021526
Old 03-13-2006, 03:42 AM
bkf1970

I too was unhappy with my Flatout, I had the Edge 540. I put my Rimfire motor and all my other gear from my flatout into an Ultrafly Outrage Bipe. The wings and tail surfaces are 3mm depron which is the same thickness as the flatouts, however the fuse is epp foam which gives the plane a more scale look. The carbon fiber rods which stiffen the wing are flat instead of round like the flatout which in my opinion works better because there is more surface area, this provides a better glue joint between the wing and rod. The control surfaces are hinged with 3M Blenderm tape which is much easier, faster and more reliable than the flatout hinges, also the control horns are standard nylon and the push rods are threaded metal with nylon clevises, this makes set up very easy. Carbon Fiber pushrods are also included for lighter weight but will take more time and effort to set up. I'm using Futaba radio gear, T6XAs Tx, R114 Rx, S3110 servos, Electrifly BL-8 esc, Electrifly 11.1v 640mAh Li-Po battery and an APC 10x4.7 prop. The plane weighs 11oz. ready to fly with battery. I only have about 3 flights on the plane but so far I am very pleased with it.