Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

typhoon help

Old 06-19-2006, 02:10 AM
kramster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default typhoon help

OK well yesterday i crashed my plane really hard and it broke the plane in half right infront of the canopy...broke the prop...so i glued it all back together and got new servos and when i plugged it all it nothing happened...it made the little beeps when i plugged the battery in but nothing would move...is there something im doing wrong...anyone know????
Old 06-19-2006, 09:18 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: typhoon help

Examine the ESC closely to make sure that wires going to the switch have not been torn off or damaged due to the crash. Since there is a sound when you plug the battery that tells me the battery and battery wires to the ESC are OK and that the ESC appears to be functioning OK.

Next, examine the ON/OFF switch to make sure the wires are still properly attached and there is no damage. Check to make sure the ESC plug is connected to the receiver at the "throttle" slot, making sure the polarity is correct. Looking at the receiver when the labels are readable, the part of the plug that shows metal should point down (I hope this make sense!).

If the switch is OK, the motor should come on when you advance the throttle (carefully!!). If the switch is OK and the motor does not engage check the throttle plug again. You can reverse it and see if that is the problem. If everything checks out and motor does not come on, then you probably have a problem with the receiver. Make sure the crystal is still securely in place.

If the motor comes on, but you can't activate the servos, you probably have the servo plugs plugged in incorrectly. Just reverse the polarity.

Try the above and see if you can get it working again.

Good luck!!