Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

tensor 4d any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 08:08 PM
3DSAVAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tensor 4d any advice?

i just got my tensor and i was wondering if there are any mods i should do with it.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:30 PM
fly pete

Default RE: tensor 4d any advice?

I built mine as the instructions said to and it flys really well. Just keep the tensor light when building it, also keep it straight, build it on a flat surface. Use foam safe CA glue, it tends to be the strongest and lightest, also it is easy to work with.

When flying the tensor use rudder to turn the plane. It will not turn with the ailerons. Also flys knife edge all by its self with out giving any input of rudder.

Pete
Old 08-24-2006, 05:14 PM
bhole74

I glued a peice of 3mm cf on the top and bottom of the fuse from the wing to the tail for added strength. Also changed the linkage connecting the ailerons.[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2438988/anchors_4245201/mpage_20/key_/anchor/tm.htm#4245201[/link]
Old 08-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Ronbo
My Feedback: (12)

Actually, it will turn by ailerons and elevators, but i found it needs (or looked) 60 deg of bank to do so. im so familiar with using rudder that its no big deal after a minute or 2 of flying it. it does like calm or no wind to get the best out of it. building it straight is a must, depending on what you intend for it.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:01 PM
wesson

ORIGINAL: fly pete

When flying the tensor use rudder to turn the plane. It will not turn with the ailerons. Also flys knife edge all by its self with out giving any input of rudder.

Pete
Yup! I was relatively new to indoor 3D and only after hitting the gym wall realised that the ailerons were almost useless (for turning the aircraft). By the way, compared to other 3D foamies that I've flown, I found the Tensor's foam to be considerably more brittle. After the wall incident described above the plane hit the floor and all but exploded into little foam bits and pieces.

Peter