Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

are there any 3d planes that will work with slow stick gear?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

are there any 3d planes that will work with slow stick gear?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:18 AM
zertsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are there any 3d planes that will work with slow stick gear?

i have a slow stick.. stock 400 motor.. is there a plane or plans for a plane that will 3d with this gear? i have a 6 channel rx and aileron servos in it now. i would think a smaller plane would do 3d with this gear. is this so?
Old 08-23-2006, 07:37 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are there any 3d planes that will work with slow stick gear?

You are going to have a lot of trouble 3Ding with slow stick gear, the power to weight ratio is not going to be good enough. If you have really mastered the slow stick, the next plane you need is a good aileron trainer. It will be plenty arobatic. Loops, rolls, etc. My favorite aileron trainer is the Dandy sport from Mountain Models. I do not know what servos you have, but you probably need smaller ones. HS-55's or Eflight S75's, but this is an investment that will move to a 3D plane later on. You might need a different motor and gear setup, but that is cheap, the ESC and receiver and battery will probably work for you.

The move to real 3D takes a new brushless motor and ESC and Lipos and a Lipo charger, and some experience flying.