Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

E-flite ultimate fx 3d question.

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

E-flite ultimate fx 3d question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 11:44 PM
ozzy9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-flite ultimate fx 3d question.

Hi !

I just purchased an e-flite ultimate 3d plane and have couple of questions.
Although i have had a few planes this is my first 3d plane. I noticed when i mounted the
motor on the motor shaft the shaft was angled up and to the right is it suposed to be like that.
Question number 2 , after putting the plane together i balanced it but with the battery pack
being mounted on the side wall of the plane left to right balance is way off is this correct.

Any replys are greatly appreiciated!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Taildragger726

Default RE: E-flite ultimate fx 3d question.

The thrust angle is correct for the Biplane configuratuion, try the battery on the side (inside) of the cowl. Should not be a problem. There is a BUNCH of coupling issues with this plane, but it is still a great sport flyier that is easy to hover. My $.02
Old 08-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Spiccoli

Taildragger is totally correct. One other thing though, be careful with your CG. When I built mine, I wound up with the battery back in the canopy section to get it to balance where the instructions showed. I believe they say it's right in front of the X-bracing on the upper wing. I was lucky I got it back on the maiden flight it was so tail heavy. Put the battery right behind the firewall for the first flight, then move it back as you feel comfortable. It is a great flying plane. I didn't think it was a great 3D plane though.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Ronbo
My Feedback: (12)

I have my battery on the center line, just in front of the wing. gives it a solid neutral feel for knife edge and inverted. use the recommend CG range to find whats best for your particular plane.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 PM
ldilauro

Hi guys,

This is my first elecrtic plane after couple of years of glow.. I put together mine couple a weeks and I´m having pour power with the e-flite 400. The engine increase the power just up to the middle of control stick

My configuration is:
- e-flite 400 920Kw
- e-flite 20 ESC
- GWS 11.1V/1300 mAh
- Prop: slow flyer prop 11x4.7
\
Any idea ? I checked with 2 batteries nad I have the same results.
Thanks !
Luis
Old 03-03-2007, 08:00 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Luis,

I have a similar set up. Same motor and ESC but I use a ThunderPower 11.1v/1300 mah battery and an APC 12X3.8 prop for better hovering. I don't have any power problems. Endless vertical and plenty for the 3D stuff.

It sounds like your problem could be the ESC. If you have a voltmeter, disconnect the motor from the ESC and measure the voltage coming out of the ESC with full throttle. It should deliver close to the 11.1v battery rating. If it does, then problem is with the motor. If it does not, then look for a deffective ESC.

I also fly a Parkzone Stryker 27-B and it achieves maximum power when the throttle is 1/2 up the scale. However, I do achieve lots of power. I use the same TX with my E-flite Ultimate FX and I have to advance the throttle all the way up to get maximum power from the motor. So, in this case, I assume the problem is with the 27-B RX or ESC. But since I get all the power I want, I just let it be.

Jorge

ORIGINAL: ldilauro

Hi guys,

This is my first elecrtic plane after couple of years of glow.. I put together mine couple a weeks and I´m having pour power with the e-flite 400. The engine increase the power just up to the middle of control stick

My configuration is:
- e-flite 400 920Kw
- e-flite 20 ESC
- GWS 11.1V/1300 mAh
- Prop: slow flyer prop 11x4.7
\
Any idea ? I checked with 2 batteries nad I have the same results.
Thanks !
Luis
Old 03-03-2007, 03:56 PM
stinger40

ORIGINAL: Spiccoli
It is a great flying plane. I didn't think it was a great 3D plane though.
Spicolli, I agree, but I disagree. MY FX has a 450 outrunner in it, and it doesn't Harrier very well, which means that it doesn't Inverted Harrier very well. However, it does Rolling Circles VERY well and VERY fast. It built like crap, and it stalls easily. It also Hovers okay. It is so-so in 3D. It looks good in the air, though. It also doesn't Knife Edge worth crap.

Ozzy9, I can't help you with your UFX, but if I were you, I would hold off on the FX until you can 3D pretty well. Buy something that 3D's better, and is more suited for a 3D beginner. I suggest an Ikarus Shockflyer, or an E-Flite Tribute or Ultimate. THe UFX isn't the best first choice. I learned on the Tribute. You need to get a foamy that floats well and is easy to repair. My E-Flite Ultimate Profile does some REALLY good 3D. That's another good one. I'm just putting in my opinion.