Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Use Foam-Safe... Trust me.

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Use Foam-Safe... Trust me.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 09:19 PM
mflander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use Foam-Safe... Trust me.

Alright, after reading all about the heavily debated great planes flat-outs on this board, I went against what seem to be the majority and bought a turmoil. Say what you want, but it's what I decided on for my first foamie. The thing I liked about the most is there seemed to be little disagreement on what setup to use for it. Anyways to the point... the first step is to glue the much hated hinges into the elevator(which by the way, I had no problem with the hinges what so ever, fit like a glove). Will I grabbed the wrong freaking bottle of CA, and take it from me, Instant Jet WILL EAT FOAM. Glued the hinges in and about a minute later picked up the elevator and it fell apart, it ate the foam that quick. Sigh... good thing I won't have electronics for this thing for another month, or else I would be pissed. Was my fault, whats great planes number again?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Use Foam-Safe... Trust me.

Trixer, sorry to hear about your CA mishap.

Here's a tip.

I put different colored stripes of tape around my CA bottles at home. Blue for foam-safe, and Red for NON-foam safe.
Makes it easy at a glance to see which one to use.