Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

That funny feeling.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Loswave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That funny feeling.

I have a funny little story for you guys, you've probably experienced this a time or two yourself if you've been flying a particular craft for a while. Today I was flying my Turmoil haveing a blast, and while flying I start getting the feeling it's time to land, bugs had found us and were being irritating, and I figured that battery was about dead. Keep in mind I don't carry a timer and I'm usually a horrible judge of time while flying or doing anything that interests me. In anycase, I fly a bit more and upbruptly deside to land, just 'cause. I walk over check everything over, because I always do, and think, "you know I still probably have almost a minute left!" and I put it in the air again. I fly it about 50 ft away from me at a 45 degree angle, and it dies, I turn it around and land it nearly right beside me. I just thought it was pretty funny that I land it less then 5 seconds or so before it was going to die just on insticnt, and then launch it again, when I allow my brain to think about it, lol. The other thing that makes this odd is that my battery always puts out full power and then just dies as if someone shot it; you won't notice the plane needing more power or anything like that, it just flys like a champ and then all the sudden you can hardly get the prop to spin much. In anycase, like I said, I just thought it was funny little story that reminds us once again that for the most part our subconcience is usually more on the ball the our "logic". LOL.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
WhtBronco

Default RE: That funny feeling.

Agreed.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
geo8498

i had the same kind of day today myself.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:03 PM
wacachu2

I noticed in researching my ESC that when then battery voltage drops to a certain voltage it is supposed to reduce power to a very low setting to warn you. If you retard the throttle, then it resets and allows normal operation until the voltage drops again. So you could fly at a reduced power for a little while to recover the plane, but using full power like in a takeoff would cause it to cut-off quickly.

Not banging on your intuition or anything, since your battery WAS getting low, but this may work the same with your ESC.