Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

New- Gp Riot 3D bipeplanes

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

New- Gp Riot 3D bipeplanes

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 10:29 PM
SS2P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New- Gp Riot 3D bipeplanes

I've been looking at these... it looks like reflection bipe which I've been very happy with..I will get one and see cause I need a replacment plane and that one is perfect (3d, balsa etc... )

http://www.electrifly.com/parkflyers/gpma1570.html

Paul
Old 09-09-2006, 10:19 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

Default RE: New- Gp Riot 3D bipeplanes

it looks small. With a Wingspan: 20.5 in, it will be smaller than the reflection. It also uses a different motor.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:22 AM
flyingace451

If the construction is anything like the Flatouts, I wouldn't get it. Other than that it looks nice. Looks like it'd be a nice front yard flyer.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:10 AM
SS2P

Well, I know that I'll need a new motor and stuff but anyway, that one isn't build from the material as reflection, that's balsa! Looks way better. I quess I'm the first one to try it.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:38 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Judging by its size and control surfaces...I think its gonna be REALLY twitchy. Should be a really fun 3D plane for general crazyness.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:51 PM
flyingace451

I normally buy new motors whenever I start a new project anyway, I say go for it and tell us how you like it! If it flies well, it should be crazy fun in the front/back yard![>:]
Old 09-10-2006, 08:17 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

I was going to order one and the LHS owner said it was designed by Jason Noll. He said Jason Noll designs usually are flown well by Jason Noll type skill level only. I passed.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:32 AM
RobertC
My Feedback: (157)

I would consider the plane being designed by Jason Noll-- and being able to fly the way he likes-- a good thing! I am certainly not at his skill-level, but maybe some day.

I also have one on order (I like the translucent yellow) along with the recommended motor. Looks like the plane should be here soon but the motor is still a ways off...
Old 09-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Ryguy

That surprises me if it is a Jason Noll design. After he quit Team Futaba there was a big deal about how none of his Eclipse biplanes could legally be built by either him, Hobbico (Towerhobbies), or any other company. I wonder how this one fell through the cracks....
Old 09-11-2006, 11:11 PM
SS2P

I'm certain that it's a good plane. It should be good for backyard flying.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:40 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered the yellow one today...will let ya know how it goes...
Old 10-24-2006, 06:25 PM
mkystybx

SO???? How did it go?? I was torn between the Riot a the Accel pitts 28... My gear fits better in a pitts but nothing last forever. Would like to know if the riot is viable for the future.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:40 PM
spaulj

I picked one up at the LHS last Friday to fly at the Vikings Metrodome yesterday. I got the white one. Cute plane!

I used the included plastic control hardware, but next time (if there is one) I would save time by ditching their plastic horns and zbends for my own. They were a pain to work with. The build took about six hours. The most time-intensive step was sanding and fitting the carbon control rods in GP's undersized control horn z-bend gizmos.

This plane is an upgrade for me from a flat-foam Rebel, so I'm used to these little bipes. It demands use of the rudder.

I used slightly oversized gear: 2208/34 motor, Jeti 8 amp speed control, electron six receiver and 700 to 730 mAh 3 cell lipos. I had a prop two sizes too large and consequently fought its' torque. Next time out I'll use 8 x 3.8 props.

I found the plane to be extremely rigid, straight and robust. One maneuver ended up pancaking on the astroturf. The only damage was the lower wing breaking free from the body. The wing was ca'd on, so a couple of drops of kicked medium CA put plane back in the air with no other damage.

The roll rate is crazy! I felt most comfortable with very minor aileron throws and still had plenty of control for hovering and torque rolls. Being the first day, I didn't risk much. I recall there was coupling in knife-edge, but I can't remember which way I corrected. Next time out.

It isn't a precision flyer for me, but it sure was fun.