Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

loss of signal from close range

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

loss of signal from close range

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:25 AM
marshall man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loss of signal from close range

I've just put together an ef extra 300e. TX is futaba 7CAP, receiver is Hitec Dual Conversion. Just made my maiden flight and after 5 mins had a really bad glitch on the elevator, i brought the model in safely. Standing around 3 foot behind the model i tried to trim the rudder, nothing happened, i wiggled the sticks and nothing moved, not even a little. I then moved to the side of the model and everything was fine. The motor never reset itself at any stage, so it appears that power was still going to the esc. I chacked for loose connections but none are apparent, anyone have any ideas??
Old 09-18-2006, 08:11 AM
rmgmag

Default RE: loss of signal from close range

1st question, and sorry if this is basic for you, but did you do a range check? If you did, and everything looked OK, then I'd check all of your servos, starting with the one that's acting up. It may not be a receiver/transmitter problem. I've had servos go bad and it made all of the servos act like it was a receiver problem. I bought a new receiver and still had the problem, then one-by-one I started checking each servo, and sure enough, one of them was bad. I replaced it and everything was fine after that.

Bob
Old 09-18-2006, 08:36 AM
marshall man

Thanks Bob,
It could well be just the servo, i checked all connections and they seem fine, but i did notice when trying the first knife edge that the rudder seemed very ineffective, or not as i expected considering 50* of throw. Any ideas on how to test this? it's a Hitec 65HB.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:53 AM
rmgmag

Take a servo that you know is working, remove the rudder servo and plug in your working servo, check to see if it moves as anticipated. If it moves OK, then you may have your answer. Just to be safe, I'd try it with all of the servos on the plane. It's not that unusual for one or more to be bad. It could happen if you banged into a couple of control surfaces during transport or something....Also, you might want to make sure that you don't have any wierd dual rates or mixes dialed into your transmitter. Sometimes I'll set up a plane by copying one model into another, and forget to check the switches and the mixes.

Bob