Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

PZ Typhoon ESC set-up, how?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

PZ Typhoon ESC set-up, how?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:02 PM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PZ Typhoon ESC set-up, how?

Hello; I bought a Typhoon while visiting a thousand kms. from here and left the instructions behind. I read somewhere that the ESC needs to be programmed before use. How do you do that?
Old 09-20-2006, 07:46 PM
donkey doctor

Default RE: PZ Typhoon ESC set-up, how?

Hello; Someone must have done this.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:36 AM
donkey doctor

No one?
Old 09-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Jumpnjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't need to be programmed as long as you are running the stock battery (the NiMh). If you switch to Lipos then you will need to reprogram the ESC. In case you have any more questions, clicking on the link will get you to the online Manual.

http://www.parkzone.com/ProdInfo/Fil...HiResFinal.pdf

Hope this helps...
Joe
Old 09-26-2006, 01:24 PM
donkey doctor

Hello Joe; Thanks for your reply, that's everything I need.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Jumpnjoe

Sure. Glad to help. You'll have a ton of fun with the Typhoon, just remember to set the rates low so it's not too much to handle until you're used to the way it flies. It's a very fun plane, but VERY responsive!
Joe
Old 09-27-2006, 02:34 PM
VictoryRoll-91

I have this plane too, and just wanted to give you a few tips on programming. It is definetely difficult to do (imo) I had a lot of trouble getting it right, but when you first program it here are some tips. When the esc is programmed for a lipo, when the battery is plugged in you'll hear 1 low beep, and then 3 high. Then if it's programmed for the nimh, it'll have 1 low, then 1 high, then another low. It's difficult to explain, but I realy wish I had this info before my first flight. (I thought i programmed it right, but apparentely i did nothing...uh oh) The typhoon is my first 3d plane, and the only advice on flying I can give you is to gain plently of altitude, make sure gearbox is together and TIGHT, and if you never flown 3d plane, this plane is a little wierd if you try to fly it like a lazy sunday flyer, it's a 3d plane, it performs great with the right stick inputs. Good luck!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:27 PM
donkey doctor

Hello; I flew it on Sunday, six flights. Charlie had his trick charger there so he charged up my flight pax all day. His Triton charger charged at 2.8 amps, and the pack was too hot to hold when it was all charged up. That can't be good for it.

I have had many 3D'ers before, a Sig Fazer, and Ultimate, a Coal Hauler. I found the Tornado quite responsive, not twitchy. I'll have to practice a bit before I'm ready to hover, I'm still getting used to it. It's nice to have the light wieght to minimize damage during those hard landings, I flew it into a pole guy line, it just made a little mark on the wing where it hit. It cartwheeled 3 times but I caught it before it hit the ground and flew out. Great fun
Old 09-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Jumpnjoe

Glad to hear your having fun!!! Yeah, the Typhoon is pretty durable (as far as 3D planes go). I also like that it flies like a bigger bird than it is also, does pretty well in 10-15 mph winds as long as it's not to gusty.

As far as charging the battery, feel free to use other chargers or quick chargers, but charging the stock battery faster than 1.4 is asking for a shorter life of the battery.