Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

UltraRC.com -The Good?? The Bad & The Ugly

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

UltraRC.com -The Good?? The Bad & The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:43 AM
esc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UltraRC.com -The Good?? The Bad & The Ugly

At the risk of upsetting one of the forum sponsors I would like to open a discussion about the above company.

Has anybody else on this forum had bad dealings with them apart from me? I have seen quite a few complaints listed recently on their Ebay pages, including mine.

Unfortunately, I won four items from them on Ebay, received none of them in over a month, and have had to resort to the PayPal complaints department to try to recover my money. This company has systematically ignored every email sent to them, including those at the start of the PayPal dispute. At the moment I am still waiting the outcome of making my complaint official. Here's hoping that I get back my $144.45.

Please don't think I am being churlish, my wish is to prevent anyone else having the same problems that I have had. My other motive is to perhaps shake UltraRC into resolving mine and other peoples complaints.

Any comments anyone?

Regards,

Dave

Old 09-22-2006, 06:46 AM
esc

Default RE: UltraRC.com -The Good?? The Bad & The Ugly

36 days after UltraRc are supposed to have shipped my items (not received) and 8 emails later (ignored), this guy has had the nerve to make the following quote when posting negative feedback against my Ebay 100% record:

"Yet another bad international deal. Buyer has no patience to resolve."

No patience to resolve? How can you resolve a situation when the seller refuses to converse with you?? Looking at past feedback on his site it is typical of him to blame international shipping and then the buyer. I would suggest that he look closer to home.

This is now turning into something personal for me, but I just wanted to warn you guys what you might expect dealing with this company.

Regards,

Dave
Old 09-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Spiccoli

I've never dealt with them, but I have read some stuff on other threads. From what I understand, e-mail has never been an effective way to reach them for some reason. I've heard that you can get them by phone and that they are friendly and responsive when you get them on the phone. I'm sure maybe you've tried that? If not, then maybe that will help you. Keep us posted on this thread about what happens. I am interested in some of their 3D Buddy planes and what I find out on this forum may influence whether I wind up with one of their planes or not.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:09 PM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

I have one of their planes, and I like it a lot. I have NO experience with their customer service as I bought mine through the LHS. Good luck and thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:19 PM
esc

Hi Guys,

Well, the dispute has escalated somewhat. UltraRc are now denying receiving any emails. I sent three personally using the contact member routine on the items that I bought and then a further 5 were sent through PayPal on my behalf and when I escalated my grievance to a claim.

No, I have not tried to phone them as I read posts that said they got abusive. I prefer email, it is in writing and cannot be denied.

UltraRc's lack of response to my emails is what started all this in the first place. He really needs to answer ALL his correspondence without delay. There is no excuse for not doing so. What he needs to remember most of all is that the customer is always right. That's just good business sense.

He also claims to have despatched two sets of items to me and that now he is out of pocket! I was never notified of this so called second despatch, again lousy communications on UltraRc's part. It also contradicts his statement that he never received my emails, how else would he know I had not received the items?

It's funny how all his problems seem to be with foreign buyers. I would suggest that he should look at his packaging methods first. You cannot pack for international shipping like you would for domestic post.

There are just too many coincidences of buyers not getting their goods. Something is wrong somewhere. If it's not UltraRc's fault then why the heck is he not ripping USPS a new one? I requested tracking information and never received any. That is another way to ensure that goods do not get lost.

This is my last post on this subject until I hear from PayPal.

As far as buying from him goes, I'm afraid that is a risk you will have to decide on yourself. All I will say is that his response thus far is extremely unsatisfactory, and frankly the sooner this matter is settled the better. I want to move on.

Smooth loops,

Dave
Old 09-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Spiccoli

Just where are these guys from? Are they in the UK? I've heard the planes are made in China anyway. Getting one at a LHS is not an option for me. Noone in the Dallas area carries them as far as I know, so internet would be my only option if I wanted one. Or I guess I could call one of the hobby shops in another state and have them ship me one. If I like my Lil Banchee as much as I think I'm going to it may not matter. I may just stick with Cermark. However, the 3D Buddy series looks interesting to me. There is more variety of planes to choose from. And since you don't glue the wing to the fuse, then you can get replacement fuses or wings if you crash and not have to replace the entire plane. Of course I think Hobby Lobby also has a plane like that. Anyway, I hope this gets resolved to your liking. Let us know what happens and good luck!
Old 09-23-2006, 10:42 AM
esc

Hi Spiccoli,

UltraRc are in the U.S.A. They have their own web site where you can purchase the planes, esc's, etc., at the full recommended prices. The company also offers these items on ebay, often sold at considerably less than the retail price. I don't think you will find them anywhere else, although I am fairly certain I have seen the Yak sold under a different retailer's name.

I am not certain, but I believe that the planes may be made in China. Like you, I think they are a most attractive proposition. From the video's I have seen the performance is amazing. The construction and covering also looks first rate. That is what is so disappointing for me. Not only have I not received them, but I am currently down $144.45. I certainly don't want to turn this into a vendetta, and would be quite happy with the goods or the money back.

As an alternative, I have been considering two planes you might care to look at if you are interested. The Hyperion Yak55SP 10e or the Fliton Rogue 3D biplane. Just a thought for you to consider. Hyperion also make a profile 3D version of the Yak55 which is very much akin to the 3D Buddies offered by UltraRC.

Regards,

Dave

New I had seen the UltraRc style Yak somewhere - Extreme Flight sell it as their Yak 55SP-E Electric Profile. See: http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/eyak55.html
Old 09-23-2006, 12:57 PM
gquiring
My Feedback: (1)

I bought their Extreme Flight Yak 55 SP-E. The plane arrived promptly in a nice box. The good news is over from this point on. The plane was severely warped and the manual documented that it most likely would be!! I used my heat gun to level it as suggested. Everything was nice and true until the weather changed. Warp city was back. Looking at the build on the plane many of the wooden supports were loose because they were cut to the wrong length and just left loose under the covering. The covering material used was also junk. It did not stick well. Transporting the plane was useless as a hot car would just make the warping worse. It flew like crap and went in the garbage.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:58 AM
johnc1go
My Feedback: (9)

I've got a lil banchee. I got about 50 flights on it now. I like it real well, but I had to do some mods to get it to fly the way I like. I'd be happy to share if you like. My next project will be a skeeter 30. As for ultraRC......if it's too good to be true, it usually is false.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:19 AM
jcflysrc

I stopped dealing on ebay a long time ago. Too many hassles. And when you do have a problem...and you will...ebay does little to help you, thereby protecting the crooks. I won't do it anymore.

I have the EF Yak from them, and it too was warped to heck. I did the same routine of heat and tweak, and even had to build new ailerons for it. I got it pretty straight and I think it flies pretty good. I like it.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Doc Austin

This is why I deal almost exclusively with my LHS. Risking all this hassle isn't worth the few dollars I might save. Of course, you're probably safe with the big companies like Tower and Horizon, but if I can't pick up the phone and actually talk to a human being, I won't bother. I don't have a gift for this or anything, but I've been around long enough (and been ripped off enough) that I can usually pick out shady characters if I get a chance to talk to them.

An example of a mom and pop operation I will do business with is 3D Hobby Shop.com Ben spent allot of time talking with me and sharing knowledge. It only took a few minutes before I knew he isn't the kind of guy who is going to rip you off. We did business, the package arrived ahead of schedule and I was pleased with the whole experience. I guarantee we'll do business again.

Then again, even though it's a small operation compared to Tower or Horizon, 3D Hobby Shop is a professional operation. They operate in a professional manner, and that mean you can trust them. Certainly there must be other good companies, but between 3D and my LHS, all my needs are met, so I don't look around much.

Whether it's fair or not, you can bet when I read someone here gets ripped off, I file that company away under people not to do business with. Again, maybe that's not fair, but some of these companies apparently don't know that one dissatisfied customer with a keyboard can cost them allot more than they would believe.

He's a valid question...............After reading this thread, how many of you would do business with the company in question?

I suggest you do business only with people you can talk to. You might still get stiffed once in awhile, but at least talking to someone you can maybe get an idea of who you are dealing with.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:48 PM
jcflysrc

You said it. It only takes a couple bad deals to get peoples attention. Especially on the forums. There are some great businesses out there though. New Creations is another online business where you can pick up a phone and get great info, and great customer service too. [link=http://www.newcreations-rc.com/default.aspx]New Creations[/link]
Old 09-27-2006, 09:21 PM
plaster93
My Feedback: (20)

I just got a Ultra rc /extreme flight Yak 55 spe......JUNK warped as hell,the worse part is I didn't realize it was warped until I put it together!!! The manual doesn't say anything about warping until the end of it. The original EF yak from Chris Hinson, which I had was first class,very well built and strait as an arrow!!! These must be the other factory that Chris refused planes from for poor quality and Ultra Junk is now selling.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:42 AM
WhtBronco

I prefer my LHS hands down, customer service is second to none and no shipping issues.

That said checkout [link]http://www.billyhellrc.com[/link] most of the planes they sell are made here in the USA and are top quality at prices comparable to the China made junk. I have a Skeeter 30 purchased from the designer, it's nto available ARF and kit from Billy Hell RC. It's comparable to the Lil Banchee. It simply flies great and was the easiest kit I have ever built. The ARF Skeeter 30 is $80 or $90 can't remember.

Looks like the ARF may be gone now, but the kit is $40. The laser cut balsa makes the plane go together like a snap together kit. I framed the wing holding it in my hand in about 15 minutes.

Anyway all the BHRC planes are 3D and mostly profiles.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:24 PM
esc

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would let you know that PayPal refunded my money after I made my claim offical. From their records they sent three emails on my behalf to Ultra RC and several of their own. They got no response whatsoever.

Ultra RC retaliated to the negative feedback I had been forced to leave in order to get a reaction from them by posting negative feedback against my 100% record. Although this feedback was untrue, vindictive, malicious & unjustified, Ebay has refused to remove it due to their policy of none-interference in these matters. Caveat emptor (buyer beware).

It's been a sad drawnout salutory lesson for me and one that I have learnt from.

Regards,

Dave
Old 11-08-2006, 09:32 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

If you goto the pattern forum, you will see my dealing with them regarding the Evolution pattern ship.
I would not recommend them either..
C
Old 11-29-2006, 12:27 AM
grossy2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,
Heres another disgruntled International customer. I ordered and paid for thier Yak Combo through there web site in July.
After 3 months, nothing, I sent them an e-mail as to I had not received it yet and got a reply that they would look into it. Thats the last I ever heard from them.

I tried e-mailing from home, from work and even tried to contact them Via ebay, nothing.
There customer and after sales service leaves a little to be desired, especially if you are an International buy; BE WARE.

There web site is great and looks very professional, but I worn everybody look else were or be prepared to get ripped-off by these guys.

Cheers from down under.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:03 AM
ULTRA-RC

Attention All,

I have refrained from posting here as long as possible, hoping the one dealing with these issues first hand would reply. This has not been the case, so let me try to set the record straight.

Ultra-RC as in UltraRC.com is not selling these products on eBay. We have a local vendor, associated with Ultra RC, whom asked permission to sell our product under this name on eBay. We did not see a problem with it at the time, so we agreed.

Ultra RC does drop ship all domestic orders from our warehouse facility for this vendor, as we do for many vendors. However, we have nothing to do with International Shipments. This is left to the vendor. My understanding is these items are shipped via USPS Air Mail. I have received numerous emails from eBayer's enquiring about these eBay purchases. The truth of the matter is, we have nothing to do with these sales. We do our best to help customers complete their transactions if they call our facility, however, we do not assist with International Sales as we rarely ship Internationally. We require this to be left to the vendor.

For this reason, we are requesting today from this vendor to first, change his username on eBay. And second, to no longer offer shipping outside the domestic United States. As you can easily see from this vendors eBay Feedback, all negative reports are from International shipments. There are no negative reports on domestic shipments. The domestic shipments are drop shipped directly for this vendor by our company. We regret this decision, but as you can see, International Shipments are not working for this vendor and our company, leaving Ultra RC stuck in the middle.

In regards to product and service, our company, Ultra RC handles all these issues directly. We provide the support and service for the products we sell. These issues should be directed to our company.

I am sorry for any inconvenience these issues have caused international customers. Our company has been reseaching economical and reliable International Shipping options for quite some time. Unless the package is very small and can be shipped via USPS, we have not found any economical solutions. We will continue this search.

Thank you for your time.

Ultra-RC
www.ultrarc.com
Old 11-29-2006, 04:13 PM
grossy2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Hello Ultra-RC nice to finally hear from you.

I did place an order directly from you, NOT ebay. So don't blame your ebay retailer its Ultra-RC thats droped the ball and not followed up with there product sales/inquires.

My order was placed and paid with Ultra-RC on the 07/13/2006 Order #1467 and as yet have received nothing.
As stated earlier I inquired as to were my purchase was and all I got was !QUOT!Yes Mark. I will check on this for you today. Ultra-RC Jim Eble!QUOT!. This was on the 06Oct2006.

I'm sorry this has had to go public, but when you do not reply to my e-mail inquires and I'm half a world away and out of pocket a couple of hundred dollars, I tend to get a little disgruntled.

If you want to take this of line you have my e-mail address (Various times, home and work).

Cheers Mark from down under.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Ultra RC..are you the same guys that used to run Creek Hobbies ?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:40 PM
ULTRA-RC

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Ultra RC..are you the same guys that used to run Creek Hobbies ?
Josey,

There are two guys here now that worked for Creek.

I'll send you a PM........

Ultra-RC
Old 11-29-2006, 09:49 PM
ULTRA-RC

ORIGINAL: grossy2

Well Hello Ultra-RC nice to finally hear from you.

I did place an order directly from you, NOT ebay. So don't blame your ebay retailer its Ultra-RC thats droped the ball and not followed up with there product sales/inquires.

My order was placed and paid with Ultra-RC on the 07/13/2006 Order #1467 and as yet have received nothing.
As stated earlier I inquired as to were my purchase was and all I got was !QUOT!Yes Mark. I will check on this for you today. Ultra-RC Jim Eble!QUOT!. This was on the 06Oct2006.

I'm sorry this has had to go public, but when you do not reply to my e-mail inquires and I'm half a world away and out of pocket a couple of hundred dollars, I tend to get a little disgruntled.

If you want to take this of line you have my e-mail address (Various times, home and work).

Cheers Mark from down under.
Mark from down under,

I checked the status of your order today, and it was indeed processed through our company. Please contact Brian at this email address. I forwarded all your info to him today.

[email protected]

Thank you.

Ultra-RC
Old 11-30-2006, 01:14 AM
VULTCH

I received an Ultra-RC Kantana mini just a few days ago. Won it on Ebay from Ultra-RC. In defense of shipping , it was the fastest of any purchase I have made on Ebay. I won it on Sunday and received it on Wednesday of the same week. It was very well packaged and I am very pleased with it.
International shipping is another matter. I received a package from a vender in Hong Kong and it was the wrong parts. He asked me to send it back and so I did USPS Priority. $8.00 for 1.5 oz package. I sent him the tracking number and he sent the correct order the next day. I received my package from him four days earlier than he received the priority package I sent back. It seems to be pot luck whenever international purchasing occurs.
Mark, I hope you receive your order soon!

Tony
Old 11-30-2006, 01:44 AM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

It's not just the shipping issue. It's the lack of response to emails and phone calls. I went through it with quality issues. Although, thinking about it now, I should have expected a plane that wasn't very straight for $430. Or so I've learned from the folks on Rcu.

Brian, Jim, if you guys would just let your customers know what's going on and keep them up to date you guys would have a really good thing going!! When customers can't get ahold of you, is when threads like these start. It's a shame really. You both seem like nice people. And I do appreciate the fact that you guys are bringing products into the U.S. There sure isn't enough 2 m arfs over here.

Oh, and I didn't feel $50 shipping was bad at all. The box was big and shipped with ups who isn't cheap.

Chris
Old 11-30-2006, 08:51 AM
664KIX

ORIGINAL:

It's the lack of response to emails and phone calls. I went through it with quality issues. Although, thinking about it now, I should have expected a plane that wasn't very straight for $430.

Brian, Jim, if you guys would just let your customers know what's going on and keep them up to date you guys would have a really good thing going!!
**edited for Ad Hominem attack**

I have spoken to these guys too. Many times. They are not a big company, but they run their business well. They are bringing really nice planes to the market and they know what they are talking about. I am very happy with their service.

Mark,

I am sure your order will get resolved. I expect they will get right on it and figure out what happened. Good luck with everything.

Ryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.