Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Byp Yak Issue#2

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

E-Flite Byp Yak Issue#2

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 10:09 PM
VictoryRoll-91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite Byp Yak Issue#2

Ok, this is more of a question. I'm kind of new to ARF's, never really set up my own plane before. I have a 6 channel GWS naro reciever. Am I going to need a servo extension with 2 different leads going from the esc to the reciever? When plugged in with one exstension, I can only get the motor to work, and thats it. Anyone have any ideas? It would also be great if someone basically told me EXACTLY how they put the servo wires in, and what they used. Thanks
Old 10-26-2006, 02:00 AM
Spacey

Default RE: E-Flite Byp Yak Issue#2

Could you be a little more descriptive of your problem number one? I don't understand how you can only get the motor to work? If the motor from the transmitter's inputs there must be power to the reciever meaning the reciever is indeed on. Now if that is the case all the other servos must be working too except if their not plugged into the reciever Are you using a seperate battery to power the reciever or are you using the BEC on the speedcontroller? I suggest you use the BEC but for the BEC to work properly you need to ensure that the +/-/signal wire configurations on the leads and ESC is indeed correct and configured like the reciever needs it to be. This applies to the lead you use as well.

I don't understand question #2 that well either but ok here goes. The servo wires shouldn't be put in anywhere? Except into the reciever into their respective positions? Apart from that they just dangle loose inside the fuselage. On both the Byp-Yaks I've built now the servo leads were short enough to not make a mess inside the fuselage. They just barely reached the reciever which I located in the furthest back hole through the bottom wing.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

Ok, ESC goes into channel 3. Elevator channel 1, ailerons channel 2, and rudder channel 4. Make sure you have the connectors going in the receiver the right way or else it won't work.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:14 PM
VictoryRoll-91

The servo wires seem to fit in fine both ways, how do I know which way is which?
Old 10-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Ryguy

Which ever way they work is the way they go. If they don't work, switch em!
Old 10-26-2006, 05:08 PM
VictoryRoll-91

yay! I got it figured out. Thanks a lot for your help, RYGUY, you hit it head on with what the problem was, servo wires put in backwards. Can't wait to maiden!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Ryguy

Good luck on the maiden. Couple tips. This thing flies funny, but once you get used to it you can use it to do some incredible stuff. Don't expect to be able to bank and yank it like most planes. You'll have to throw in rudder to turn. In fact, turning using primarilly rudder is the easiest way to fly this thing. Second, when you roll it on the side, don't give it rudder. Yes you heard me. It'll keep on tracking KE hands off. That scared the crap out of me first time I took a turn and without rolling it back level it kept going. Lastly, about the LG. If you're flying off grass, leave the wheelpants off. I have 2 sets of LG, and since they don't need to be glued in, I have wheelpants on one for flying on asphalt and indoors and another for outdoors without pants. I find it KEs even better with the pants on, but they get torn up easilly in grass.

Good luck!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:04 PM
VictoryRoll-91

Should I just give a little bit of aileron, bit of up elevator, and then mostly rudder?
Old 10-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Ryguy

Bank it like you usually would, then give it about the same amount of aileron and rudder. You should be fine, it's just weird at first.