Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Hovering on G3 sim

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:50 PM
marcwv
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hovering on G3 sim

After going thru about 5 foamys I purchased my own G3 sim.
I modified the 3D electric to fly as much as possible like my foamy's so I can learn to hover .
I am flying a CR-1 and can hover it for 1-3 seconds better than anything on the G3.
Can any of you sim flyers hover anything on the G3?
Did you have to modify the plane to get it to work?
Also the Hover trainer,can you guy's really hover that Yak, can it be modified at all in the hover trainer.
I'm so frustrated with Hovering . Help!
Marc
Old 11-06-2006, 08:41 PM
marcwv

Default RE: Hovering on G3 sim

Just to clarify my own post . I had modified the 3d plane on the Sim by lowering the mass ,enlarging the tail surfaces, moving the cg back so it flies more like a 3D foamy. The real plane I fly now is the CR-1 , but I can do better hovering on(only 1-3 seconds) it than anything on the sim.
Thanks in advance for all the responses.
Marc
Old 11-08-2006, 10:08 PM
hobbydude214
My Feedback: (13)

i can hover the yak, cap, and the electrics. i wouldnt go round changing the masses i mean really you could but g3 is a little harder than real life and if you make it easier than real life you might not be able to jumo out there and go at it. althouugh the cr should pretty much hover it byitself that thing is huge!!. if you need anymore help shoot me an email.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:24 PM
WhtBronco

Hovering is difficult to learn. It took me almost a year to get it down. Took longer than it needed to, but I chose to bail out early rather than risk crashing. When you can hover fairly easily is when you stop thinking about the control inputs required and they are just a reaction.

Hovering is not natural for a plane obviously and the plane will not want to stay vertical. Just keep practicing. I can hover the PT-40 on G2 now. On G3 most of the 3D planes hover just fine.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:37 PM
marcwv

Thanks for the reply guys.I guess there is hope for me yet.I maybe just need to be more patient.
Regards, Marc
Old 11-10-2006, 02:21 PM
flyingace451

Me too! I was waiting to see the answer to this thread, as I can get a hover for about 5 seconds on the electrics and gassers at my LHS, but that's it. But also, I've never been able to hover in real life because I never really practice, and I don't own G3 just yet, Xmas is coming soon.

If you learn how to hover something that's hard to hover, than hovering in real life will be a cake walk. Just like when I learned how to drive...I had to maneuver and parallel park a mini van, and when my parents helped me get my first car (which I still drive cause I'm only 16), it was a piece of cake to drive. I was amazed...and now I sometimes love to drive the mini van just because it is nice and relaxing because of the big big windows, the slow acceleration, and the sitting up high bit. As I stray off topic...back to la la land. I'm in study hall right now, and all I have left is to study for a Geometry test monday. Today's friday...it can wait.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:28 PM
hobbydude214
My Feedback: (13)

Keep up at it guys you'll get it unfortunately i got a sim only after i learned to hover but definately electrics helped me to where i am today being a locally sponsored pilot.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:28 PM
esc

Hi Guys,

I don't find hovering that difficult with any of the G3 3D planes. I especially like the Ultimate Biplanes and the Cap 232's. Most of mine I have modified with larger control surfaces and rearward CofG. The Cap 232 I power with the starter motor and have altered wing and tailplane incidences, CofG, wing size and shape to reduce tip stalls and make the plane fly identically both ways up.

I may be able to hover vertically but I cannot get them to torque roll. Normally I operate a smooth throttle, but I have also tried "blipping" to induce the roll but it made no difference.

Any ideas anyone?

One thing that does annoy me about G3 is that a lot of the planes run on forever after landing - they don't do that in real life. Grass is a pretty good braking medium. The other thing that I have experienced is trim drift.

Anyone else had this?

Regards,

Dave