Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

QQ E-Yak Combo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 06:12 PM
ttski
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QQ E-Yak Combo?

Has anyone built or flown the E-Yak from QQ Somenzini? They have a combo special for $109.99. I was thinking of giving it a try. See the link below

http://www.somenzini.com/html/aircraft/eyak.html
Old 11-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: QQ E-Yak Combo?

I have no experience with one, but I've heard nothing but bad things about them. Many have come very warped out of the box and are fragile too.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:16 PM
VictoryRoll-91

It's look nice, just hope QQ has good QC! (Quality control)
Old 11-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

Do a search. I tried finding it but failed. There was a thread on here a while back about it. Several people spent two or three hours just trying to iron the thing back straight. I've also seen issues with it on Flying giants. QQ's bigger aircraft and the ones produced through Horizon are great, but this one here's a dead turkey.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:37 PM
octanehuffer

I own one and have flown the hell out of it. Very twisted to say to least. I now fly it very little cause of this and am debating to get rid of it. Can never get the twists out of it. One could spend all day on it and get nowere. I added a strip of 3/8 wide carbon to the bottom of the fuse from nose to tail cause in full rudder movements the empenage would take a second to catch up to the front of the plane. Dont get me wrong it flys and does well for its purpose, just dont try to duplicate the same manuvers tomorrow when the tail is twisted again. I never have had the plane straight yet. It hovers at about 1/2 throttle and will rocket vertical. Good power system on it. Nice thick wing as well. Its a good plane for practicing in the yard. I took second in a pattern meet with it(crashed my Funtana the day before)
Old 11-21-2006, 08:48 AM
ttski
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for all the input! Looks like I well pass on this one.