Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Yak 55 flightflex or Yak 55?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Yak 55 flightflex or Yak 55?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 05:51 PM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yak 55 flightflex or Yak 55?

Ive been looking at both and like that the flighflex one has a 380... but some people say the regular foam is more durable, is that true?
I want something that has enough power to do stuff but also be durable.

And feel free to suggest diffent 3d planes.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:42 PM
pcinc
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: Yak 55 flightflex or Yak 55?

rcmaster
Very True! Regular Foam is more durable than flex. The flex tears easily. I had this Yak and it's a POC. It has way too much flex in it to do anything. I found even flying circuits around the field, all control surfaces had so much flex everything was a delayed reaction. Ended up over controlling everything because nothing would happen so you give it a little more, then the foam springs from being flexed or bent and now you have both inputs, too much and time to go the other way. Using the elevator made it porpoise. I had a more experience flyer try it and he thought the same thing. I had a hit to the ground and it rolled from one wing tip, over the nose to the other wing tip. the wing ended with a big tear in it along side the fuse. repair was very easy with a hot melt gun but made it even heavier. The foam is fairly heavy and they have you doing assembly with hot melt gun. It makes the whole thing pretty heavy. Another guy at our field got the regular Yak 55 and it's still going strong with 2 or 3 times the groundings. Yet another member got a Copperhead Stiffy and this thing is indestructible. I've seen him go in nose first and he just straightened the wheels and hand launched it up again. I would get either one before the flightflex. I think you will be disappointed with the flightflex because of the weight and the flex in it.
Good luck with whatever you choose,
Peter
Old 11-27-2006, 08:16 PM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

thankyou, Im thinking the regular yak 55 or one of those Tufflight planes, Ill look into the Copperhead one.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:34 AM
stinger40

And the FlightFlex Yak is ugly!