Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Flatana: First Plane

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Great Planes Flatana: First Plane

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:11 PM
chads maxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Flatana: First Plane

With this plane being my first, I am very very pleased with the results! I got the plane a couple of weeks ago, I got it put together with all the radio gear and linkages, and over the weekend I finally had a chance to maiden it. The flight went flawlessly; the plane only needed a couple clicks of right aileron and up elevator. I myself was very surprised how good my flying skills were with this plane, after reading that this is NOT a beginner’s plane. I now have about ten flights on it with no crashes, only some damaged foam around the landing gear because of where I was flying (pretty high grass). I have done some strengthening to the frame with small pieces of balsa but other than that the plane is in immaculate shape! I am very pleased! Here is a video of my second flight: [link=http://www.roandlee.com/Chads%20Place/Flatana%2011-25-06.wmv]VIDEO (3mb)[/link]
Here are some completed pictures: [link=http://www.roandlee.com/Chads%20Place/Flatana/Finished/Finished%20Flatana.htm]PICTURES (slideshow)[/link]

Chad
Old 11-28-2006, 05:05 PM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Great Planes Flatana: First Plane

So that was your FIRST plane?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:59 PM
VictoryRoll-91

Wow! Great job, especially since it was your first plane. Most people on here have had a lot of trouble putting together some of the flatouts, and said they fly terrible. But I have to say, that thing looks sweet! The build looks flawless, and it seemed to fly great too. Great job. Great vid
Old 11-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Dyehard

Since this is your first plane, you are doing great and the Flatana seems to be working well for you. Keep practicing and you will soon be ready to try some 3D moves. When you get to that point, you my want to try one of the other Flatouts. My son and I have built three each of the Trumoil and the Reflection. My son wanted something different and built a Flatana. The Flatana was decent in a harrier, but in did everything else poorly conpaired to the Reflections. A harrier was the only thing it did better than the Turmoil. My son liked it so little that he was actually pleased when he crashed it. We didn't even try to repair it, though it was repairable. We used the control system parts in a Renagade bipe and discarded the rest.
The Reflection is a first class 3D plane, flying very well. You will love it when you are ready for it. For now, keep practicing.