Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

first step into 4ch.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:38 AM
3Dbeginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first step into 4ch.

ok ive flown a 3ch. electric trainer befor but it was a while ago and im looking to get back into electric planes and i wanted to get into 3d. i don't have a tone of money but i know that if i want to do an arf im going to be spending some cash to get a decent setup. but im not saying that im not open to a rtf. i just dont know.
thanks,
-ben
Old 12-02-2006, 01:15 PM
netdudeuk

Default RE: first step into 4ch.

GWS E-Starter ? Cheap and you could put some of the parts into something more frisky later on ! You could even fly that without the ailerons until you're ok with it and then add them later on. The plane is easy to fly and flies slowly.

If you go brushless now and choose the parts carefully you could move the ESC, motor (say a BP-21) and servos to something like the Phase 3 Fidget.

Another option is to just go for something like the Fidget now, use low throws and built it light so that it flies as slowly as possible. That one is cheap to buy but it takes ages to build.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:56 PM
3Dbeginner

i was thinking maby doing like a tribute and just get a dx6/7 so i can tone it down and then when i get the hang of flying again i can increas the rates. thats kindof what i was think but i don't know what kind of plane to get. like a foamy
Old 12-02-2006, 05:28 PM
VictoryRoll-91

3dFoamy has some good planes, one called the "Citabria" is a profile foam trainer, and it can do 3d! Heres the link:
http://3dfoamy.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=71

That picture on the page shows it with skis, but can have wheels mounted aswell.