Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

New to electric 3D - all inputs welcome!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

New to electric 3D - all inputs welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 04:02 PM
grampi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to electric 3D - all inputs welcome!

Sorry, I initially posted this in the wrong place.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5078847/tm.htm
Old 12-06-2006, 09:24 AM
grampi

Default RE: New to electric 3D - all inputs welcome!

Anyone?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:28 PM
flyingace451

My input on the Edge verses the Yak...if you are a beginner to 3D, get the Yak. If you are experienced at 3D and want better precision than the Yak, get the Edge. Both planes fly extremely well...and there isn't too much of a difference between the two. You would be perfectly fine if you got an Edge.

As for radios...a good and fairly cheap one that will last you a long time and has all of the basic bells and whistles is the Futabe 7C. 7 channels to live with for big s with all kinds of goodies on them...expo, servo reverse, tons of mixes, etc. And it's under $200.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:49 AM
grampi

ORIGINAL: flyingace451

My input on the Edge verses the Yak...if you are a beginner to 3D, get the Yak. If you are experienced at 3D and want better precision than the Yak, get the Edge. Both planes fly extremely well...and there isn't too much of a difference between the two. You would be perfectly fine if you got an Edge.

As for radios...a good and fairly cheap one that will last you a long time and has all of the basic bells and whistles is the Futabe 7C. 7 channels to live with for big s with all kinds of goodies on them...expo, servo reverse, tons of mixes, etc. And it's under $200.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Edge just because most people who have flown both planes prefer the Edge. The radios I'm looking at are the Futaba 7C, the Hitec Optic 6, and the JR 6102. I'm pretty sure these will do anything I will ever want do with 3D. I guess it just depends on which one I'm able to find at the lowest price.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:10 PM
flyin_kid

I would say the Yak is more stable so I would go for it. I'm a team pilot so I'm not going to lie to you. You will like the yak probably more than the yak because of its stability and it will do everything the edge can. The edge will do some things better than the yak but you probably will never know the difference. I'm not saying the edge is unstable but if i would to have to pick between the 2 the yak is a little more stable.

Woody