Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Slofly 3d 28inch

Old 10-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Bretd123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slofly 3d 28inch

I am going to build this model. I am not a begginer but not an expert. just how indestructible is this model? iv seen the videos on youtube but it dosent show then flying right after the crash. anything i should know about it.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Truglodite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slofly 3d 28inch

like many good epp designs, the slofly is absolutely 100% indestructible when built right. imho the slofly is probably the most simple, agile, and durable 3D trainer out there.

the only part i've ever had a problem with is the motor mount area. after about 100 nose dives into asphalt, as well as more than a few incidents with tree's and car antennae, the tape around the nose area started getting loose, so the mount started to flop around a bit in the foam. this was easy to fix in a couple minutes: R&R the strapping tape up front & it's ready for 100 more nose dives, lol.

fyi, the blue wonder is hard to beat for this plane. if you need more info, you should check out sloper steve's slofly thread in rcg. there you'll find a ton of useful tips & tricks for his legendary design.

kev