Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Carbon Fiber Prop?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:01 PM
pimpedaccord
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Prop?

I have a GP E-Performance 330S and am looking for a carbon fiber prop. Can you use a gas prop on the electric? I've been using an APC electric prop, but just like the looks of the carbon fiber. Also, what about an aluminum spinner? Sorry if these questions are dumb, but I'm pretty new to electric...
Old 11-09-2007, 01:53 AM
mikeygp
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Carbon Fiber Prop?

ORIGINAL: pimpedaccord

I have a GP E-Performance 330S and am looking for a carbon fiber prop. Can you use a gas prop on the electric? I've been using an APC electric prop, but just like the looks of the carbon fiber. Also, what about an aluminum spinner? Sorry if these questions are dumb, but I'm pretty new to electric...
U can if the hub is long enough but they are a lot heavier. Look at these wood E-Props http://www.3dxhobbies.com/category_s/96.htm Spinners are here http://www.3dxhobbies.com/category_s/91.htm There is a company that makes CF props but I don't have there website. I will look.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:54 AM
jooNorway

As soon as you reach 1500Watt and above the normal APC-propellers are too weak. Try carbon, and you get rid of fluttering tips.
You could use standard Majzlik, or even better: Majzlik carbon E-propellers.
I am about to test some Engel carbon-propellers on 1700-1800 Watt, but can`t tell yet.

I know APC might have some Carbon-E-propellers, check their site. I also know an other manufactorer produce some carbons which look like APC, but couldn`t find their website right now...
Old 11-13-2007, 05:48 AM
pimpedaccord
My Feedback: (21)

Thanks guys, I'll look into it!