Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

LOOPS

Old 01-31-2008, 01:07 AM
bigairhonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOPS

I need to know how to do a loop. LOL I just need some extra tips on what to expect. I have done them easily on a SIM. I know that its totally different in real life.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:09 AM
guru101

Default RE: LOOPS

ORIGINAL: bigairhonda

I need to know how to do a loop. LOL I just need some extra tips on what to expect. I have done them easily on a SIM. I know that its totally different in real life.
This is how i do em

Max power on the way up, about half power at the top and back down. Don't pull back to hard and force the manuver, let the bird fly the loop gently, when yer at the top watch out for unwanted roll or wingtip stall if you are flying to slow. Lots of hight is your best friend when trying something new in the air. If you can you should fly as high as you would need to recover from two mistakes in the air.

Hope that helps[8D]
Old 01-31-2008, 06:00 AM
Witterings

If you've done them on a SIM they're not that different in reality (for something simplish like a loop), certainly for your 1st few though make sure you're absolutely comfortable with how the planes lined up before starting the loop and that the wings are level, if anything's going to get you tied up it'll be going in with the wings line off before you start and if you're not happy leave it, go around and start lining up again until you are comfortable !!!
Don't know what plane you're flying but one of the learning ones I had I'd just dip the nose slightly to build speed as the plane wasn't very powerful and then holding full throttle pull up into the loop until you get to the top and then as I was going over easing almost to idle as I was heading back down and then slowly increasing throttle as I came back to level flight.
One thing to remember when you think you're high enough to give it a try then go another 50 / 100 feet up and then do it, it's not a problem making a mistake as long as you have enough time to recover from it.
Good luck but once you've done one you'll quickly be back to do another !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:22 AM
hobbydude214
My Feedback: (13)

pull back full throttle, drop throttle on down line, there you did a loop
Old 02-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back off a little on the elevator as you go over the top. Otherwise the loop looks like a vertical egg.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:04 PM
rascusn3

Just do it high up in the air and you will be fine. If something goes wrong, just level the plane out.