Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Turning In Harriers

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning In Harriers

Has anybody got any advive on turning whilst dong a Harrier as I'm really struggling with anything that looks as though I'm in control and find it easier to do rolling Harriers than just neat turns !!!!!!!!
When I turn I'm mainly using rudder and the as it starts the turn am finding that the wing the side I'm turning towards drops.
I've now just about learnt to start compensating that with opposite aileron when upright but find at this precise time it needs more throttle to get the "wash" over the control surfaces to respond so am either not getting enough response and the plane starts heading for the round or alternatively I'm now feeding in too much throttle and am starting to climb or heading towards a hover.
Any advice that can be given would be greatly appreciated but I wonder if it's just me practsing it again and again and again until I get the perfect balance of input rudder, aileron to compensate and a touch more throttle at the same time - if I'm doing this sequence wrong would be interested to hear as well especially whether I need nmore throttle through the turns or not !!!!!!!
Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!
N
Old 04-23-2008, 08:20 AM

Default RE: Turning In Harriers

It sounds like you are on the right track,just need to keep doing it.I found depending on the plane I was flying, the angle I was at in the harrier and the throttle I was giving it made a huge difference.When I turn lets say to the left once in harrier I'm feeding left rudder and countering with right alieron.To me each one of my planes seem to have a sweet spot angle,throttle wise where they harrier best for me.Olin
Old 04-23-2008, 11:57 AM

I agree completely with the sweet spot angle...but there's an art to it. Just like a car, when you "yaw" left it tends to "roll" to the right. Planes also tend to lose altitude when they turn. So the easiest way to do it is to feed in right aileron with left rudder (or vice versa) and give it another notch or so of throttle. That's always worked for me!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:48 PM

Like hovering, it's all sticks all at once to get the plane to do what you want.Again ,if you have the stick movements down without having to think about it,practice,practice,practice.Olin