Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

PA Electric Shock replacement?

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

PA Electric Shock replacement?

Old 07-02-2009, 07:43 PM
nitrohog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PA Electric Shock replacement?

I decided it was a nice calm night to go out and rip a couple of packs through the electric shock since I haven't been flying as much as I would like to. Toward the end of the last pack I was pulling out of a dive to inverted and the elevator hinges adhesive let go . Needless to say it is in bad shape, fuselage is powder back to the wing, leading edge is damaged on one side, but the electronics all survived. This was a wonderful flying airplane, in fact it was by far my favorite electric I have ever had but it has been a while since it came out and I thought I would check around if anyone had anything better that I could drop the my electronics in and go blow some more holes in the sky. All I ask is that it is of wood and or carbon fiber design and has large 3D style control surfaces. Let me know what you have.
Thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 01:29 PM
nitrohog

Default RE: PA Electric Shock replacement?

I guess I'll just order another one if no one has suggestions.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

I would say to step up to the PA Addiction if you are ready. I have seen many of these fly and have never heard a bad thing about them. I have not flown one but from what I have seen and heard, you can not go wrong especially if you are still going to do 3D flying. Check them out if you have not already done so. Check out the thread too...It seems like instant love for the flyers that huck them..

Z
Old 07-10-2009, 10:15 PM
nitrohog

I would love to get an Addiction but I can't justify the extra cost of a new motor, speed control, and batteries. I already have everything but the airframe to set something up like the electric shock. It is also was a very easy airplane to transport in the car in one piece. Thanks for the suggestion, maybe Ill just sell one of my nitro birds to buy a larger electric, dunno.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Rohan_P

Ever thought of scratch building? Much more satisfying when you get to fly the finished product, but far more devastating when the thumbs slip and it turns to balsa confetti...
Here's a great design by a guy over in the RCGroups forum:

[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360600&highlight=skeeter]Skeeter[/link]

Rohan