Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

e-flight ultra micro 4 site

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

e-flight ultra micro 4 site

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:48 AM
magnum500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-flight ultra micro 4 site

who has purchased one of these and how do you like it ?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:12 PM
magnum500

Default RE: e-flight ultra micro 4 site

i should get mine in a day or so , i`ll take some pics and post them
Old 01-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Revy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine today, seems like a neat little flier. We'll see tonight! It came with a 4 pack charger and wall plug in along with 2x 150 mAh lipos.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Revy

It flew really good right outta the box! DX7 bound up no problem and it only needed a couple clicks for trim. First flight was at neutral CG then I moved the 12c pack back to where the velcro ends and found the magic spot! 6% rudder mix and this thing harrier rolls easily. First respectable one I have had flying anything! Got about 220* in a rolling harrier circle before I blew it. Ditch the little rubber spinner as it is just dead wieght and lightens the nose up a tad.

Durable this thing is. I pegged it in inverted,and just about every other angle in a solid 1.5 hr indoor session. I know for a fact the Parkzone lipos for the sukhoi and ember/vapors are not adequate in C rating. My 120mAh batteries lasted all of 4 minutes and they did not have the burst or constant C rating the E-flight ones do. Big difference in performance too. Go full throttle with those and the ESC will chime through the motor its pulsing objections to not receiving enough juice.

All in all, it is a good little fun plane to toss around the gym! I am havin' some fun!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:31 PM
bam1972
Banned

I got one their pretty fun, had to dial in alot of expo. lipos are cool, looks like  a long stick tridant gum
Old 02-11-2010, 03:15 AM
sickbat

Hi I bought 1 the other day and have only flown in my backyard once cause its been windy in adelaide australia,the rest of the time I fly it in my lounge room ,It does the sickest harriers and its good for hovering the only thing is that i get just over 1 minute of hovering on the 150mah lipo and even before the minute I notice the power dropping,so i then harrier around the lounge room and land ,but its pretty good that I know if its to windy or to hot I can still fly without going any where,has any 1 just hovered in side and what run time do you get before the battery starts to die or you notice the plane starts to drop in a hover. Thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Flying Foot Doc
My Feedback: (2)

I have a few flights and a few crashes on mine, Back of the top & bottom wings seperated from the vertical frame, the Left side horizontial mid fuse support is broken from the vertical frame and is bent, & a few other dings. Anybody have to fix one of these yet? Andy
Old 03-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Much to fragile. I took the guts out and scratchbuilt this little sucker for them. While I was at I went brushless.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54604.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	1404975   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35053.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	1404976  
Old 04-10-2010, 07:18 AM
lowvisionflyer

I have a low vision prob, but I find this plane extremely simple to fly. The only thing that I dont like is the turn rate on flat turns, Either you pull a turn into a roll, or just use rudder to turn, Either way this bird is a true 3d flier. Reccomend this one to everyone, I liked it so much, went out and purchased the extra servos, motor and mount, w/rx unit, and electronics available to build a uneek micro lite...I'm thinking a tri-wing donut shaped micro-lite should be cool, Or maybe the sopwith eriwing, as a micro ite flier,,????
Old 04-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Revy

I pulled my Sukhoi apart to do the same thing, but to make it a profile instead. Gonna try and re-use the symmetrical wing.

I busted my micro 4-site up pretty bad at our last indoor of the season. Flew it like I hated it, lol! I see two new airframes in the future.

I think we are gonna see a lot of interesting designs with the electronics swap.

What motor are you using on that creation of yours, flypaper2? The fuse looks like a micro hog bipe! Good job!