Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

nitro Profile 3d Planes

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

nitro Profile 3d Planes

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:26 AM
bbrown2828
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro Profile 3d Planes

Hey guys

I broke my yak 55 profile in half last weekend I am looking for another nice little proflie I got that one off of ebay but I am looking for a better brand to get and all i can find is omp and Aeroworks that carry these are there any other companys that have profiles

Blake

Old 01-22-2011, 12:52 PM
rlipsett

Default RE: nitro Profile 3d Planes

swany house mojo is another good profile I like the omp edge. go to profile brotherhood for recomendations for profile aircraft.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:27 PM
rcflip

OMP Edge or OMP Yak, very good ARF's.. the TMPro Extra is good also, not as good as the OMP though... Swanny's kits are good, stay well, well, well, well away from PA Badboy or the EF Chin Yak both are garbage, especially the PA Badboy.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

stay well, well, well, well away from PA Badboy or the EF Chin Yak both are garbage, especially the PA Badboy.
So what's so wrong with the Bad Boy and Chinn Yak that make's them garbage?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:39 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

i had both the BB and still have the ChinYak,the BB flies just ok and is very fragile.the ChinYak is one of the best 3dr's out there.nothing response to control inputs like the CY,but is also a little weak in the fuse, with the build up frame.it has a carbon fiber rod that runs the length of the fuse but still breaks just behind the canopy.the kit built ones have a foam fuse covered in balsa,those are the ones to have,if you can find one.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
rcflip

The Badboy has poor covering, pathetic hardware but flies ok, the chin yak is a good flyer but the elevator is weak, it snaps to easily, 2 of them destroyed themselves at our field...
Old 01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcflip

The Badboy has poor covering, pathetic hardware but flies ok, the chin yak is a good flyer but the elevator is weak, it snaps to easily, 2 of them destroyed themselves at our field...
I've got both a BB V2 and a Chinn Yak ARF. While I'm not sure I'd rank them down there with garbage, you pretty much nailed the major weak points of these planes.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:34 AM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

check out value hobby, they have quite a few profiles. i don't think the chinn yak is garbage like some are saying, any plane is going to have a few flaws, i love the cy and i have a couple more new in boxes yet in case i doink this one beyond repair. i have flown mine now for 3 seasons and the worse thing that has happened is bent landing gear and the covering peeling back in places.