Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Ohio RC 1/4 scale Sukhoi-Control throw?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Ohio RC 1/4 scale Sukhoi-Control throw?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Collinba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio RC 1/4 scale Sukhoi-Control throw?

Congradulations!

Sounds like you've got the landings down. The key is to keep the power on right to the deck alright - I hold about 1/4 throttle on down to a couple of feet. Have you got a fish scale to check the static thrust? Helps quite a bit when you're trying out different props. I'm turning a 24x10 with a 76 cc twin to get unlimited vertical

Barry
Old 05-11-2002, 06:17 AM
akflyer
My Feedback: (7)

The engine I have on here is an old Kawasaki 51cc. I am going to order a ZDZ 60 for this plane and should gain LOTS of power and loose ~ 3 pounds. That should make this bird perform. Right now I am getting 5900 with a 22-10. I just made a new muffler using 1 7/8 " 6061 t6 tubing but cant run it till tomorrow to check the RPM difference. Tuning these in has become a great past time and building in cowl mufflers is quite fun for me.

I found on the first few flights that you can go for 35-40 deg. on the ailerons and get away with it but the elevator is very powerful and only ~ 1/2" are all that is needed for normal flight.
Old 05-11-2002, 10:00 AM
Randy-RCU

I am not backtracking to read everything, so if your still talking the 28% Suk-26 It realy needs a 4.2 in it

Randy
http://www.RCmodelgraphics.com

Originally posted by akflyer
The engine I have on here is an old Kawasaki 51cc. I am going to order a ZDZ 60 for this plane and should gain LOTS of power and loose ~ 3 pounds. That should make this bird perform. Right now I am getting 5900 with a 22-10. I just made a new muffler using 1 7/8 " 6061 t6 tubing but cant run it till tomorrow to check the RPM difference. Tuning these in has become a great past time and building in cowl mufflers is quite fun for me.

I found on the first few flights that you can go for 35-40 deg. on the ailerons and get away with it but the elevator is very powerful and only ~ 1/2" are all that is needed for normal flight.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:28 PM
john sands
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Su26

I have a 69" kit thats great but no insrtuction manual.I will gladly pay any reasonable amount for a copy.John Sands 23Monroe drive mareboro N>J>07746
Old 09-08-2017, 11:06 AM
alcozumel

Default manual

HI, a long shot, 15 years later, would you happen the have the manual?
thank you