Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

U-CAN-DO 3D .46

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

U-CAN-DO 3D .46

Old 10-29-2003, 06:56 PM
RC Havoc
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U-CAN-DO 3D .46

Hey Guys,
Im thinking of getting the .46 UCD 3D. My question is, would an O.S. .61FX be too much power for it? Would it cause alot of flutter with its huge control surfaces? Let me know if any of you have this plane with this motor on it. Also, wich servos did you use?

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:19 PM
smokingcrater

Default RE: U-CAN-DO 3D .46

it wouldn't be too much power, just prop it with 6 inches of pitch or less... the wrong prop on a .40 on this plane could cause flutter...

I'm having great luck with standard futaba BB servos on all surfaces except for the rudder, have a hobbico high torque on that, works great.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:05 AM
RC Havoc
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: U-CAN-DO 3D .46

Thanks Kramer, Thats what I had in mind for the servos. So no more then 6 in of pitch, got it. Thanks!!