Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

U-Can-Do 46 or Razor ?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

U-Can-Do 46 or Razor ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 12:16 AM
oliflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U-Can-Do 46 or Razor ?

I am about to buy my 1st 3D plane. I was going for the UCD 46 when I saw some ads of the Razor from Lanier. It looks nice but I have no experience with 3D and I don't even know if the planes are comparable. At least the price is different, if someone could tell me if the Razor is worth the 60 additional bucks...

Thanks, Chris.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:24 AM
PowerPlay
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: U-Can-Do 46 or Razor ?

The UCD 46 is one of the best purpose designed 40 size planes ever built and one of the best flying planes I have flown of any size. It looks and flies much better than its bigger brother and is the one of the best values on the market today.

I cannot comment on the Razor from any first hand experience . It appears to be a design suited for a more experienced 3Der and other Lanier products have not impressed me much. Go with the UCD 46 and enjoy.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:22 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: U-Can-Do 46 or Razor ?

Another really well built 40 size 3D plane is the Flip 3D. Only bad thing is they are about $80 more than the others but they are really well cut out and prebuilt. I have JUST made my 1st flights on my new U CAN DO .60 and have only been flying for a couple of months in my life. I can attest that the U CAN DO is very maneuverable in flight if you want it to be, but it takes off and lands like my Kadet.

Reason I know about the flip is I bought 1. I went to my LHS to get a U CAN DO and he was out but had the flip and I was impatient. When I opened the box it had some shipping damage so I took it back and did what I originally intended and ordered the U CAN DO. But the contruction of the Flip was beautiful.