Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Sportsman Avation - Aero Princess

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Sportsman Avation - Aero Princess

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Dealspeed
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sportsman Avation - Aero Princess

Yea like i said they should have made it a balsa fuse, what i did with my 2nd prince was went through and re glued every seam, helped alot.
I still have 2 prince wings that are perfect, and one stab set thats brand new ITB, I have a built and flown with a profile fuse before, flew good, had over 40 flights on it till my radio died on me while flying
Old 09-11-2005, 05:21 PM
altacom
My Feedback: (3)

After the problem with the Princess falling apart on a fairly decent landing, I fired of an Email to Global Hobby Distributors. I didn't expect anything except perhaps a "So Sorry" and goodby, if any response at all.

In less than 24 hours, they responded with the word that they were sending me a new Fuselage, and a new set of Tailfeathers (the others would be destroyed trying to remove them). Should arrive nest week. With an assurance that they would contact the Manufacturer to insure that this problem would be resolved on future builds.

As I said I didn't expect this kind of response, and Global deserves a big "ATTABOY" for this kind of customer service. Rest assured they are on my list for shopping in the future.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Dealspeed
My Feedback: (17)

I would kill for these guys to redisighn the fuse out of wood, but i dont think that will happen []
Old 09-11-2005, 09:30 PM
no1speshal
My Feedback: (1)

Boy, that kind of makes me sick. I crashed mine within the week I got it because the fuse decided it didn't want to be a part of my engine mount anymore. I never even thought about emailing Global about it. Do you think they would do anything for me? Probably not, since it was about a year ago. Heavy sigh...oh well.

Red
Old 09-24-2005, 11:15 AM
altacom

I fixed it now so it wont break, and so far it's working.

First I epoxied a 1/2 inch piece of 1/8 inch Light ply across the second bulkhead. Next I drilled 1/4 inch holes through the firewall and through the light ply on the second bulkhead. I then epoxied 2 pieces of 1/4 dowel from the Firewall thru the second bulkhead. After strengthening the weak joint in the second bulkhead with Triangle stock, so far it's staying together.

This is really a fun plane to fly. A lot more stable than my Mini Funtana, and yet just as aerobatic. With a bit more power, or even a larger prop, it should be a good 3D plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95948.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	328581  
Old 10-01-2005, 08:27 PM
MikeG4936
My Feedback: (5)

I'm getting one of these. Even though this will be my second plane (moving out of my NexStar), I should be able to handle it, right? I'm only sticking my Enya .15 IV in it though - should be reasonable, correct? I guess I should do all the strength reinforcements you guys mention... I don't want it falling apart.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:47 PM
altacom

Well my 1/4 inch dowel fix actually works. I was flying the other day, and for some reason, lost control long enough to get in trouble. Either a hit on frequency, temporary receiver failure, or dumb thumbs - not sure which.

At any rate by the time I got it back under some control, it had gone behind the pits and was heading for some cars. I quickly throttled it down, and let it sink into the rough gravel parking lot out of sight behind the cars. It hit pretty hard, but semi level, and I figured it was totaled. SUPRISE!! Very minor damage to the wingtip, and some stressing of the landing gear, but the plane is already back in business, with a different receiver, and bench tests normal.

Back in the air when the weather permits.

FYI - My son-in-law who is into 3D flew it the other day, and on high rate he was actually hovering it with the power it has. Boy do I love the AXI motors, and Electric in general.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:15 PM
MikeG4936
My Feedback: (5)

Actually, now that I think about it, will my Enya .15 (ringed) be enough? I know it spins an 8x4 a lot slower (around 13500) than the recommended AP... What do you think?