Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

H9 funtana owners HELP

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

H9 funtana owners HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 07:46 PM
JoshH37
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 funtana owners HELP

Guys,

I bet you are all extremely tired of this question but for the funtana s40 should i go saito 72 or saito 80 i am realy puzzled i want to harrier hover and so on but dont wanna have it be too much to handle i live in ohio if the air makes a difference. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:09 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: H9 funtana owners HELP

Go with the 72 and use a higher nitro content (20-30% heli fuel) and you get the best of both worlds (less weight and lots of power). I ordered a YS 63 for mine. Gonna use Cool power 30% heli fuel (more oil too). Plenty of power.

Joe
Old 02-08-2004, 09:01 PM
JoshH37
My Feedback: (1)

Joe,

Where in the world did you Y.S. 63 I hear they are horribly hard to find are they pretty easy to find now or something? If so would it be better than the SAITO 82 and does it require a pump I dont know much about them. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:25 PM
JoeAirPort

I found it just searching on Yahoo. Typed in YS engines. CentralHobbies carries them. Whether or not it's better than the Saito 80, I'm not sure. I just heard the YS 63 was a good engine for this plane and decided to try it out. I've heard a lot of good things about YS in general. I don't think the 63 has a pump. Deciding on an engine is always a b!tch cauce you have so many choices and so many opinions on them all. So I say go with what you feel is right for you since you're the pilot.

Cheers,
Joe
Old 02-08-2004, 11:04 PM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

JUst wanted to let you know that the YS 63 is a pumped engine. I would compare the power of this enigne, with just about any 90 size engine when compared to weight and perfromance. Just my 2 cents. Ys's are great engines.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:03 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: rgreen24

JUst wanted to let you know that the YS 63 is a pumped engine. I would compare the power of this enigne, with just about any 90 size engine when compared to weight and perfromance. Just my 2 cents. Ys's are great engines.
Yes it is pumped but the pump is built into the engine and the power is incredible, Here is a link http://www.centralhobbies.com/Engines/ys/YS63FZ.html
They are on sale right now.

Dauntae
Old 02-09-2004, 07:10 PM
JoeAirPort

Mine will be here Wednesday. Good deal.

Joe