Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

futaba synthesizer reciever???

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

futaba synthesizer reciever???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 09:21 PM
grizzly660

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba synthesizer reciever???

ive got a new futaba 9zap wc 2. it came with a r309dps reciever. i put it in a wm 300. 80 inch span. i flew this plane three times. it flew really really good. it also had a nickel metal battery 2700 ma. all hitec digitals. 5625's and a 5945 for rudder. took lots of time getting everything right. battery was fully charged. i take this plane up for the third time. was gonig so good. then while in a knife edge. went to come out of it. and nothing happened. no ail. rudder. elev. throttle nothing. just like i shut off my radio. the throttle was wide open or close to it. from running in knife edge. it attempted to go left right and left. i was running the sticks hoping. any how into the ground it went. and destroyed it. about like a bagdad bombing. nothing left. exept for my moki and radio gear. wich is good. and i lost my new bolly prop. any how. has anyone used this new synthsizer rec. and have u had any promblems. i bought the same plane the very next day. got two new batterys. different ones. and i got a new r149dp. actually ive got two of these recievers. i dont know what happened. battery was charged and everthing was plugged in. came home hooked up all my servos. and ran them without fail. so three flights and my new butiful plane is in a trash bag. but my new one is about one day from being ready for flight. any how just wondering;. about these two different recievers. ive herd the 149dp is a very good reciever. its not my radio cause it flys my other planes fine. just this one crashed. and its the only one with this 309 in it. so im afraid to use it. so going to 149 and hope it does not happen again. cant afford to buy a new one over and over. any help on these recievers would be great.. its not as bad after uve flown one about 100 times or so and somthing happens. but when its so new and shiny it really really sucksssssssssssss.. thanks bill
Old 04-16-2003, 11:16 PM
3dbatixkid

Bill,

I have never used a 309 myself, but a friend of mine has, and ive seen it take a crap twice. it never hurt the plane. I use the 149 in my 35% and have no problems. id go with the 149, and a new crystal just to be safe. one sign of a reciever goin out is throttle problems. A throttle lock out was the precursor to this 309 gettin sent back that my friend had.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:34 AM
Baper

Bill
I have the same Radio and I am using the synth Receivers (5 of them) on various types of my models, ranging from hellis to pattern and 3D. Never had a prob with any of them.
I also have 3 149DP that I use 6 years now. No probs on them also.
It sounds to me like a bad battery pack. Maybe one or more cells failed and everything stoped working.
I use only NiCd batterys, since 2 NiMh packs that I bought prooved to be bad (foulty cells).
A safety trick to eliminate battery probs in future is to use 6V packs (provided that your servos can handle 6V), since even if one cell fails, then you still have 4 cells left to operate your RX and servos.
But there is a drawback as you know.
If you use 6 V battery packs then the Battery failsafe that your radio has, is not working, since it is designed for 4,8V.
My solution is a good 12V field charger, that I allways carry when I plan to fly all day long.

Babis

Old 04-25-2003, 09:34 PM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's quite a writing style you have there!

Sounds like you had a radio failure? Did I gather that much?

Ya know...a lot of these "mystery" failures....when the plane goes in and the radio works fine afterward can be linked back to bad wiring....ie: a cheap-***** switch harness. That's about a 15 cent switch in there. Doesn't take much to cause it to open up.

All that money in the plane? Invest in a good switch harness. The Synth RX's are very good...no more/less reliable than any of the other top shelf equipment.

'Nite