Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Carden Giles 202

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Carden Giles 202

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 09:31 PM
GeeBeeMan21
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carden Giles 202

I have a chance to trade for one built with a 3w150. I am looking for a good sport performer and good 3D airplane. I like tumbles, and torque rolls, blenders, things of that nature. Would this be a good plane for that kind of flying? I have had smaller giles and liked them. They just liked high speed stalls. I fly alot of geebee's i dont need to have another plane i am fighting in the air. What do you guys think?

Thanks, Todd
Old 03-27-2004, 10:26 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Default RE: Carden Giles 202

That depends on what you are trading with. From what I have read on RCU, It really doesnt matter what 40% you get, They all fly better than the smaller planes. Some harrier better than others, some do pattern flying better than others, but the are all similar in design. Plus I have heard nothing but good thingsd about carden kits. The only major concern I have heard about them is they generally weigh a couple pounds more than similar sized kits from other manufacturers. Going back to what I have said before, Look at all the variation of models pros fly. Most fly Aeroworks, a lot fly carden and CA models. A couple Composite ARFs, Troy built models. Ohio models. There are millions. I say go ahead and get it unless you a trading something like a 50% extra. Good Luck.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Honestly.. Carden airplanes run a little heavier than the competition.. but they LAST. I know of several airframes with over 1000 flights. The same cannot be said for the ultra-lightweight airplanes.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:53 PM
GeeBeeMan21
My Feedback: (110)

I am trading a kit built aeroworks 105" Edge with 3w100 and a "well used" ziroli at-6. The edge is a good 3Der but it has the small ailerons and alot of the slow stuff needs the bigger ailerons. I figure the power to weight would be better with the giles and 3w150 as well.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:01 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

It really depends on the weights of the airplanes. It might have the same power to weight. It might be quite a bit more. Of course from what I have read alot of people have to modify their cardens with bigger control surfaces and throw. The way it looks, these thing werent really designed to do 3d, they do acomplish it though. I could be wrong. Mr. Cronkhite probably knows alot more than I do about them. I guess it jsut all comes down to personal preference.