Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

New Plane, Which Engine?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

New Plane, Which Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 02:41 PM
AcroJo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Plane, Which Engine?

One, I believe he lives in Italy. He is 55 going on 7. Joe
Old 05-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Shahid

Whats all the Ahs for? Whatever you do in your spare time keep it to youself.

ON TOPIC: My next engine will def be a 4 stroke. I have two 2 strokes and I am willing to try out to try out a 4. Can't wait to find an excuse...
Old 05-06-2004, 02:53 PM
AcroJo

Go for it Zep, you will not be disapointed. What I like is you just fly it, no messing around with the adjustments all the time. Joe
Old 05-06-2004, 02:58 PM

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Shahid

Hmmmm, well I do think my Irvine does need adjustments in colder weather. It also doesnt like being stored.

But when you get it going......boy. First flick everytime. I'm not too sure about the cold weather, it may be its just the fact that they have been stored on and off without any long periods of running. They love to be used, when they are used regularily they run fine. Im glad I picked up an Irvine. Buts its 4 stroke next...

So, is it Saito, OS or YS.

Actually I can't afford to run a YS. My dad won't give me £20 quid for a gallon of fuel every other day. Apart from that if I import one from the US, the actual price of the engine wont be bad. Here they a very pricy.

OS seems good but I am more drawn to a Saito for some reason. £140 for a Saito 82 from the US in incredible!!!!!!!!!!

However I won't get it shipped by Fed-Ex, they are ********, they charged my dad £60 ($110) for shipping tax 2 weeks AFTER my dad payed for shipping. That was for my US 9CAP, or Field Force 9 as they are known in the UK for some odd reason.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:10 PM
AcroJo

Don't get me wrong on the two stroke, they can't be beat, sport, pattern and those screamers they use in pylon. For 3D a 4 stroke is a must for me. They do get some good results with some of the higher RPM models with pipe, but we have a decible limit at our field and those things do whine. I like Saito, YS is king, comes pumped,but I hear you on the fuel. Joe
Old 05-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Shahid

PUT IN YOUR ARSE YOUR 4 STROKE ENGINE
**** you you bloody *******. If I ever see you in real life, I'll kick you so hard in your nuts you can't have children, let alone fly.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:22 PM
AcroJo

ORIGINAL: ZepPilot
No wait. Whatever thread these ******** post on, seems to go haywire. if they post here try to ignore them and keep this thread on the right track.

Zep, your off track. Joe
Old 05-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Shahid

Yep I realised that. But really, I will make him impotent.

Anyway.

Its a Saito, but I will import from US, the price of Saito is like $450 last time I checked. Thats for a 72. Maybe when I have a small source of income, I'll get a YS

Is there any advantage of a Golden Knight Saito over a regular Saito?
Old 05-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Luke 3D returns

Only if you like pwetty gold and silver.

You need to find someone to go over to the US and get one for you................that saito 82 would however be an absolutely awsome combination in a Capiche 50 though......cough....cough
Old 05-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Shahid

I'll get it shipped but I will tread more carefully.

Yes 82 would be incredible. In the Capiche 50
Old 05-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Ian.W

PUT IN YOUR ARSE YOUR 4 STROKE ENGINE
vittorio, please proof read your posts (rich commin from me). that 'stick your 4 stroke up your arse' lol

i find it brilliant huer to start off with, now hees just a dull person. If i met you, i wouldnt kick your nuts id laugh at you cos i always do that to idiots. lol
Old 05-06-2004, 03:50 PM
AcroJo

What we need is some of the comercial pilots on RCU or the businessmen that fly to the UK and back to pick some stuff up that is not that easy to get. Better yet for Saito someone that frequents Japan. Joe
Old 05-06-2004, 03:53 PM
George Bush
Banned

[size=1][color=#336600]I'M GEORGE BUSH, YOUR PRESIDENT.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE USELESS CHAOS I CREATED IN IRAQ, INSTEAD OF IMPROVING ECONOMY, FIGHTING DRUG AND SOLVING PROBLEM OF DANGEROUS CHINESE ECONOMY.
IN ADDITION TO WAR AND BOMBS I LIKE YOUR LITTLE TOYS. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT GREAT PLANES B52? IS IT GOOD FOR A BEGINNER?
Old 05-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Shahid

I never understood why all the stuff in the UK is double of what you guys pay in the US. You lucky people.

Hell if YS were as cheap here as they are in US, everyone would have one! And beginners would have a 9CAP as their first radio!

Must...........get...........YS...........steal... ........fuel
Old 05-06-2004, 04:05 PM
AcroJo

Exactly, if its made in Japan what difference does it make where it is shipped. You better ask the Queen. Joe
Old 05-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Shahid

I'd ask those people who sort out importing taxes for this country.

Ah well, I'll def import a Saito from the US if I don't get charged tax later on. So Fed-Ex is a no no. UPS maybe? Or maybe I will swim over, its only a pond....

But like I said. I am waiting for an excuse or a job.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Luke 3D returns

Errrr has the excuse of money to fund a C140ex come into your head yet? It happened to me 8 months ago and look where i am now! Will be ready for first flight a week after sandown.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Spaceclam

man you guys are immature. i am watching you guys argue over nothing, but at the same time i love watching people throw a fit over nothing as i just sit there and laugh and have to wonder what crawled up their Wh@@HOOZI and died. at any rate, zeppilot, i hear you on the ys, but it was worth every penny. they do eat fuel. put one on a test stand and full throttle it. it's like a friggin afterburner it eats so much fuel, but it gives you that extra little power. see, if you get a ys though, you wont be using all that power so you wont be using all that fuel. at half throttle they dont really use that much fuel becuase the supercharger is not in full kick. i am 14 and get a very limited income too. i spend all my cash on this darn hobby. it's a money pit. but that does not stop me from finding little ways to make cash on the side, like aluminum cans etc. those little things are really important as far as funding goes. get the ys, you wont be worry. just save up for it. it took me forever to come up with that kind of money but it is well worth it. it's the best running engine i have ever opperated. much more responsive than os, more power than saito, fastest throttle response of any engine i have ever opperated including 2 strokes, and is just plain amazing. than again, in the uk, do they use fuel with nitromethane? the ys will not run without it. it wont run so well on anyting less than 20%. to give you an idea as to the quality of this thing, after the first tank it was in tip shape. lost of power, perfect response and flawless transition, everything. i put 3 tanks on it just to see though, and it was at it's best after only one tank. if it only takes one tank of fuel to break it in it must be some kind of amazing machining process. it's just a perfect engine all around. the only thing about it that is less than perfect is that on the outside, in order to cut costs a little bit they did not clean up the casting seams, although is says nothing for the performance itself.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Shahid

Hell yep we use nitro except our fuel prices are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher. That why I am shinning away from YS. But still one day yup, I'll get a YS.

I wish I could save up, but the blackhole which is this hobby is eating faster than I get it. I will look into aluminium can recycling, thanks for the tip. You know I wouldn't be so bad off if my radio was working properly and I didn't stack all those planes. Ha. Ha. Ha. Damn.

Well, I can always go free flight
Old 05-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Spaceclam

Just be extra careful with your planes so you dont sack them all. with the extra power the ys has, you wont be using any more fuel than you normally would because you are flying at a lower throttle setting. But when you need the power, man, you've gotten hold of a rocket ship and it is instant.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:47 AM
Shahid

Heck with those superchargers and pumps they must be powerful...
Old 05-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Spaceclam

no kiddin. get one and try!
Old 05-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Shahid

Well I have helped a friend who has a YS .91 in a YT International Adrenaline. I couldn't breathe when he went full throttle, its like trying to breathe when you open the window in a car and the air rushes over your face.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Spaceclam

when i broke in my 110 it has so much thrust that when i tried to pull it back at full throttle i thought it was hitting something. nope! that's with a 15x8 prop. that's kinda high pitched and the blades were totally stalled (because i was not moving) god i cant wait to run my 16x6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.