Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

*U-CAN-DO .46 Modified*

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

*U-CAN-DO .46 Modified*

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *U-CAN-DO .46 Modified*

I read what everyone in this forum had to say about their U-CAN-DO and all of the problems so I have modified my U-CAN-DO in hopes that it does not fly apart. I'm using a Super Tigre G51, replaced all the control rods with 4-40's, used plastic hinges and pined them with tooth pics, braced the stab and fin with tri stock, and installed flying wire braces on the tail feathers. I added more bracing to the wing hold down block. I didn't do anything with the landing gear because I didn't see anyway to brace it without cutting it apart to get to it. I moved everything as far forward as I could and put the battery pack under the tank. I haven't balanced it yet because I just took a break and come in to post this message. I used two Hitec HS-425BB seros on the elevator. When I ordered them from Servo City I had them reverse one of them inside, $8:00....not bad, cheaper than a reversing y-harness. I read what eveybody had to say about their wing problems and not sure what I could do about that, hopefully I got one of the stronger ones. I should have this bad boy up and in the air in no time.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:22 PM
jeang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *U-CAN-DO .46 Modified*

I've been flying mine for the past 6 month with all stock Hardware, the only problem I had is I broke my landing gear on the 26th flight,but other then that no problem.For power i have a OS 70 FS,hovers at 1/2 throttle,but pulls out of the hover slowly.For servo I have 3004 all around exept on rudder and throttle.

later

jeang
Old 09-09-2004, 02:01 PM
TurboRacer
My Feedback: (4)

I have about 6 flights on mine (all stock), with an OS .65LA, and it's been flying flawlessly.

I've gotten it pretty fast too. It'll hover, and pull out, but not with authority. I'm going to lean the motor out a little more since it's still running rich from break-in.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:42 PM
picaro

Hello All:

I read the review from Marc Vigod for the U Can Do, and he says that he used 5 Hobbico CS-65 Servos for elevator, rudder, ailerons
and 1 Futaba S3010 servo for throttle. Is there a reason not to use standard Futaba sevos like the 3003??
Do the servos need to meet special requirements??
I will buy this airplane soon and I want to make sure I have everything that is needed

thx

Picaro
Old 09-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Ian.W

3010 for the throttle! thats a 6kg/cm torque servo! (standard 3003 is about 3kg/cm). bit of a waist of money really
Old 09-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Scott Dilley
My Feedback: (3)

i recently changed my control rods to 4-40 from the stock and MAN what a difference. Snaps are snappier and i have much more positive control authority in a hover. I have flying wires on the tail. By the way, i am using a Saito 100 for a power plant. I hover at 1/3 throttle and rocket out when i hit the gas. It is the only way to go, not costing too much more than the Saito .72 that i was using.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:03 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This plane is great isn't it fellows? I'd like to thank everyone that participatied in this thread as it has helped me a lot. I should have my flying wires on by this weekend and fine tune eveything and out flying by the next.