Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

YS 63FZ prop on H9 Funtana 40

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

YS 63FZ prop on H9 Funtana 40

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 11:35 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: YS 63FZ prop on H9 Funtana 40

Forestroke - I just cancelled my WM Extra 300 60, I did not want to get a new engine, so I swapped for the WM CAP 232, the latest one. They say its only 5.2 pounds only. A keleo exhaust system is a beauty! Just remember to invest in a lot of tissue.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:59 PM
forestroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tIANci - keleo for your saito and miss america... not for me. i'm still debating what plane to put the radial in. there's a built top flite at-6 for sale for like $400 with retracts i'm considering... but then it just doesn't make me tingle like a corsair or a jug. anyway, i'm really trying to control myself here. don't want to regret buying another plane!!!

lets hope the weatherman is as usual, wrong, and it doesn't rain tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:40 AM
tIANci

Forestroke - Hey ... the WACO flies nice, its so nice in the air, looks so so so lovely! Been flying her all day, she is decently aerobatic too. Anyways, I hate to say this but I just picked up a WM CAP232 46R ... heheheheee ... its now in front of me on my couch, dry fitted ... GO GET ONE!!! Its the best ARF from WM (in terms of ease of building), the laser cutting is so good that all parts line up so well.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:39 PM
forestroke

tIANci - you are evil. i have way too many planes. if i get the CAP, i'll be in double digits in terms of NIB planes. no... i'm going to wait off until you get it flying at least.

i flew yesterday and had a dead engine on my Rambler 30 after a long spin from alitude... didn't realize it until i leveled out. not enough altitude to make it back and so ditched it in high grass, ripping the gear in the wing. not too much damage but very painful as it's my favorite plane.

my funtana flew but not well. turns out the o-ring on the needle is broken so the needle allows air to pass through. when it's too lean, it's too lean, when it's too rich, it's too lean because the needle is loose and letting air through. both scenarios are scary for a Y.S. engine that ruins spinners and throws props to after three flights, i called it a day.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:07 AM
tIANci

Forestroke - last night in like 30 mins I got the wings joined, tail feathers attached and all hinges done. Will update you on the plane. This morning we had 4 bipes at the field, was a little windy so we tried to fly in formation, we were everywhere!
Old 05-29-2005, 10:20 AM
forestroke

tIANci - that's funny... try to fly in formation and you're everywhere... don't try and you have like midairs!!! anyway, would love to see a picture of your plane. i doubt i will put the radial in the WACO but you never know... if i can't find a suitable corsair or p-47 and the WACO turns up somewhere... anything could happen!
Old 05-29-2005, 12:25 PM
tIANci

Forestroke - give me a few days to get the pics in. Need to take some for you.