Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

razzle hover..

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

razzle hover..

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 09:41 PM
jdp8488
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default razzle hover..

I have a razzle 60 3d.. and i was just wondering how tail heavy should i make this plane..? because i cant seem to get a good hover, knife edge, or harrier, or anything else. it may actually be a little nose heavy. would that be why its so hard to hover and stuff..? and i am running all standard futaba servos, no heavy duty servos.. does that really matter a whole lot? thanks for any help.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:00 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: razzle hover..

as tail heavy as you can stand it will help with hovering.

take the plane up, put at about 1/3-1/2 throttle, invert the plane , get it going straight and level, then take your fingers off the right stick.....if it flies straight and level without descent...then you are approaching a good 3d cg. if it falls, rearrange your electronics to enable a cg that is more tail heavy ...DON'T ADD WEIGHT !!...added extra weight is your enemy !
Old 05-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Oh Yeah!!

DITTO!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 10:05 PM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

Exactly! I had mine with a YS on the deck on the fifth flight after working the CG, but I think it needs to go back further and I need more throw.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:37 PM
gerryw

digitals will help, all-ways. The faster the better. you will see the difference.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:07 PM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

Ditto that, I have super-fast servos in my GS planes and you can feel it respond instantly instead of lagging behind the input. Servos with good torque help also, so that you dont have blowback. With a good setup, your plane will have a more crisp feel instead of feeling "mushy".
Old 05-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Kurt P

A friend of mine has a Razzle and he kan hoover with it (and harriers, torque-roll) but it won't do knife-edge
with a .90 FX.
Servo's Fut FPS 148's std. all the way
Old 05-29-2005, 06:17 PM
S1Pitts
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Razzle was balanced about 14mm further back from the recommended extreme aft position. This plane would waterfall like no other as well as did climbing flat spins.
It never did do good knife edge. Terrible roll coupling.
Got the cg back by mounting a 5 cell 1200mah battery in the fuse behind the wing saddle, 4/40 pushrods & hardware on the tail, coreless/bb servos & a stronger tail wheel assembly.

Lost it on a failed rx. Reminded me of the old free flight days. Sure miss that plane.

Ken