Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Giles Help

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Giles Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 02:29 AM
CHEF-UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giles Help

Hi folks need some help. I have always flown 40 size models, mainly into aerobatics, love my Funtana with the Saito 72 in it. Anyhow i wasnt to eventually move onto Petrol models as at the moment i fly 2 and 4 strokes, (not sure if petrol is the same word in the states) ?(gas maybe?)

Anyhow. as my present model collection is 40 size, i was thinking of moving onto this size model next
http://www.flairproducts.co.uk/Aircr...es_202_140.htm

but i have done a search and can find nothing on this model. perhaps it is marketted around the world under a different name ? Let me know if you have any ideas. Like i said. I want to move on to petrol models, aerobatic wise.

Perhaps you guys have some ideas to help me, dont want to spend a fortune to start with, just considered about 2M the size i want to go with for the time being, but cannot find any information on that model made in the UK by Flair UK.

Perhaps you know of some other models suitable for a entry into Petrol, around the 2M wingspan that also wont break the bank.

Many thanks

Keith (UK)

PS: I like to fly aerobatics, so models such as Edge, Katana, Funtana, GIles etc are what I fancy. rather than Cub's, Piper's etc
Old 06-11-2005, 06:40 AM
blue ice
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Giles Help

Chef, that giles is sharp, but I dont think it would be very aerobatic. Contol surfaces look kind of small. Try looking at www.wildharerc.com and see what he has. I know he has a 120 edge on the market but most of his planes start at 28%.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Scott Dilley
My Feedback: (3)

Check out one of the Wild Hare 28% extras. I think that it would make a great first gasser. You will love it. I have one. it is a 3d machine on high rates, but gentle as a kitten on low rates.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:51 AM
CHEF-UK

I love the Wild Hare models, apparently after emailing them, the UK distributor is http://www.probuild-uk.co.uk/ so i shall give them a yell and see what they have. The models on the Wildhare web site looks great for the price. Like the look of the Edge and Extra Special. What sort of 50cc petrol engine shoule I be looking at as there are so many on the market like 2 and 4 stroke engines, dont really want to get one that is not that great. i understand DA are very good, what about Zenoah ? Fuji ? MVVS ?
Old 06-11-2005, 07:53 AM
CHEF-UK

PS: Thanks guys for getting back to me. Appreciate your guidance thus far