Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

banchee g3d

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

banchee g3d

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 03:17 AM
fre2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banchee g3d

does anyone know the aerobatic capabilities of a banchee g3d and would it be ok for a 2nd plane? and what size engine will it take for a 2 stroke

any help is appreciated
Old 06-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Dan G

Default RE: banchee g3d

Yes a mate of mine has one with an OS 70 fs in it, the engine is a little big and sits out a little so as we like em tail heavy we had to put weight on the tail. The plane flies great at this weight with plenty of power to get you out of trouble so I figure it would fly even better lighter. I am in the process of putting one together with a West 50T1 and will be taking every opportunity to keep it light so we can make a direct comparison at the end.

The plane 3Ds well to our ability, prop hangs, torque rolls, blenders,high alfa knife edge and with the aid of spoilerons harriers. It can get a bit twitchy but I think this is down to the big throws and rearward c of g we use most the time, flick to low rates and things smooth out a lot letting you do some decent pattern.

Moving the c of g forward and using smaller throws I'm sure this could be a second plane, as for engine size I reckon the 50 will have bags of power for it a 40 would fly it but if your gona want to 3D it I would guess around the 50 mark. I should be able to tell you next week if it's not to late.

All in all a fun plane for the price although both the Banchees we have had damage to the wing due to poor packaging. I have heard that this was supposed to have been changed but I'm not sure, both where an easy fix and still worth the money
Old 06-20-2005, 10:05 AM
fre2fly

thanks for your help but i would like to know a few things (1 how come with engines the airplanes can handle a big 4 stroke but a small 2 stroke why is this( 2 what is the max you would say u could fit in a banchee (3 ive heard that the banchee g3d is weak is this true
Old 06-20-2005, 10:31 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

I had one a liked it much better then UCANDO .46. Superlite and nicely built. Had a .72 on it lost it in midair.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:50 AM
brokensolo

The planes call for a bigger 4 stroke because 4 strokes are less powerful per cubic inch of displacement, but they make more torque. What that translates into is being able to swing a bigger prop at lower RPM while making more thrust... exactly what you want to do with this kind of plane.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Dan G

My mates with the os 70 fs is only about a month old put has been abused in the air about as much as you can with no sign of failure so far. I also knocked the undercarriage of it on it's first day after losing it in a low harrier and no other damage occurred. The wood does look a little odd but all I can tell you is it has taken it so far.

Engine choice, a lot of 3Ders swear by four stroke for it's low down torque and throttle response, usually I think this means going for bigger size for the same power out put. I'm not that experienced but from what I have seen I don't think you could go much bigger than a 70 four stroke for it's physical size and can't see you needing more than a 50 2stroke, it may fit but I wouldn't think you will need it. Hope this helps
Old 06-20-2005, 01:34 PM
fre2fly

thanks for all your help

so if it said in a plane i could have a 70 four stroke but only a 50 2 stroke could i actually have a 70 2 stroke even though it says not to
Old 07-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Dan G

Aah but wait, I found this guys site from 3DRC and heres some pics of one with a saito 82 in the nose.
http://spaces.msn.com/members/Lipofl...&_c=photoalbum
Fits so well I'm abandoning the west and ordering a saito 82
I just love the sound of them as well as the response, heres a vid of me geting some practice in on my mates OS 70 powered one.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=L...e-Banchee_0002