Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

u-can-do 46

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

u-can-do 46

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 10:19 AM
tailslide 05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default u-can-do 46

hi all
i have just purchased the u-can-do 46,and am in the process of assembleing it.
i have a few questions i hope some of the members could help me out on.
first,i would like to know if i could get away with joining the elevator halves as one and only useing one standard servo to operate them.
and second,is there any thing i can do to re-enforce the fuselage area where the landing gear mounts as i have heard it is very weak in this area.i would like to do something in this area without cutting it all apart.
if anyone has any other tips or tricks regarding this plane,feel free to share them as i will greatly appreciate it.
ps.i should also mention that i will be useing a super tigre 46 and a apc 11x5 to power the plane
Old 06-20-2005, 10:43 AM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: u-can-do 46

Tailslide, welcome to the forum. I would suggest that you check out this thread about the UCD 46 [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_817264/mpage_107/tm.htm[/link] There's a lot of great people on there with lots of info on this plane. Also, I wouldn't join the elevator together if it was my plane. These planes will turn and flip on a dime and while not being a very fast plane there is a lot of force applied to that area and I wonder if one servo to control it would work out well. I could be wrong though. For pinning the landing gear, there is a couple of posts on the thread that pertain to that. I know it has worked for serveral of the guys on there. Seems like it was about 10 pages back from the latest page, not sure. I cut mine apart and beefed it up that way. It was super easy to do and and I was able to get in and add some glue to the firewall at the same time. Either way it does fix the landing gear problem..........