Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

BME PROPELLER 25X8

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

BME PROPELLER 25X8

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Banche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BME PROPELLER 25X8

I have an evolution on order for my 30% TOC Flame YAK and I want to know what prop is best for 3D.

The prop ranges on the engine are 22x10or12 I am not really sure to 26x10or12

I Know that the highest diameter lowest pitch props give the best performance, Would The BME 25X8 BE THE BEST PROP FOR THIS PLANE.

NX wood props are better than the Menz according to TBM. The NX however only have a 24x10 and not a 25 diameter.

Are the BME props good quality, does anyone have experience with them.

Whats the best 3D prop for my Evolution 58GX, its the same as the MVVS.

Dont just tell me that say a 26x10 or 9 or whatever would be the best, give me a brand and a place to buy one.

Thanx for the help. -John-
Old 07-03-2005, 05:11 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BME PROPELLER 25X8

I have only had 1 BME prop it seemed to have more power than the bolly prop i had on before but unfortunately i tipped the prop on my first landing with it.....damn asphalt
Old 07-03-2005, 06:31 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: BME PROPELLER 25X8

Buy a prop which will let that engine turn a minimum of 6500 rpm.
The brand ?
really not a big deal -
Why?
test a few props
If you are choosing between brands which are same diameters and turn same static rpm - the performance wil be in same ballpark.
Notwithstanding all the guesswork in this new engine -- you can bet that when it is all sorted out - it will prove to be a good "60".
Not a good 80 - but a darn good 60.
The best prop is the one that works best for you -on YOUR engine/muffler model combo.
The 25x8 may /may not be best.
If it spins 6500 or so -should work fine .for your 3D work.

You want enough power to pull UP from any maneuver -no matter how slow the plane is moving or falling . . I have made good props from "bad" props-and vice versa and to think that one brand is clearly better than another -without qualifying the entire setup - is folly.