Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

finally decided for 31% on zdz 80

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

finally decided for 31% on zdz 80

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:15 AM
RED DEVIL 300S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally decided for 31% on zdz 80

hello again guys!

sorry for all the questions i have made. i have just one more question for all you guys

i finally decided to go for the 31% CA extra, and the zdz80
i know that i will need two 6volts 2000mAh packs for the rx and servos, and another one for the ignition . but i really dont know how is all this done¿how do i conect the two batteries to the reciever? i also read about some of you guys are using li ion bterries
i want to get hitec servos but i really dont know how manny and what servos do i need for each surface
i really want to do a good job on this airplane and i will be really greatfull if you could helpe on this

thanks very much
Old 07-06-2005, 03:40 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: finally decided for 31% on zdz 80

That should be an awsome combo. Depends on what you are intending to do with the plane. If you want to use the least expensive Hitec servos, you can get away with 5645's. They run a little over $50 and put out over 160 oz. in. of torque at 6 volts. They are also programable, so you can match and balance them, a really nice feature. They are a little over 2 oz. each.

Personally, I would recommend going on the high end with JR 8611a's. That way you only need one servo on each aileron and one on the rudder with maybe a pull-pull set up. You could use the HT5645's on each elevator and save a little money. You can easily get away with a single 8 channel receiver. Definitely go PCM for this. If you use a single battery, then consider a MPI miracle switch with a 6 volt regulator. This set up would make your plane very light, but stong on aerobatics and 3D. If you opt for two batteries on the receiver, you really don't need the miracle switch. You can Y-connect into the receiver if you run out of places to plug batteries in. MPI sells 2100 NiMH's for about $25.00 with the pig tail. These are AA cells and only weigh 4 oz. each, so are competitive with the LiPo's, but much less expensive.

I have a 35% extra with DA100 and am using a Futaba 9152 on each aileron and 8611's on the rudder (X2) and elevator. I also had a 33% Extra and used single 8611's on ailerons, and two HT5645's on pull-pull for the rudder and elevator. That set up had plenty of power for anything I needed doing.

Hope this help. If you have any thoughts you may want to bounce around on your setup, this is a great forum to do it in. Feel free to email me directly at [email protected].

Good luck with your new plane and engine!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:51 PM
RED DEVIL 300S

thanks mike!!

im having a much clearer veiw on how this project is going to be. one mor question,
can i use JR servos with my futaba 6xas?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Banche

You can use any servos with that radio. The radio only puts out the frequency, it is the reciever that works with the servos. Just get the right connector for the servo leads and you will be fine no matter what you go with.

I WANT TO POINT SOME THINGS OUT

http://www.servocity.com/html/hitec_servos.html--> They have the best deals on servos period!!! Any one want to argue with me. I got 4 HS-5645's for $175. You can do combos with alot of their servos and save$$$.

Here is what you need to see for your battery setup. http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/batterysetup.htm;)

Here is the short and RIGHT scoop on what you need. The only way. You need two batteries, one for the ignition on the engine and one for the reciever. No less that 2000mah, T=You really should get 2500mah packs 6volt 6volt 6volt. Li-ion batteries are light, have no memory like sucky NiCd batteries and deliver a canstant 6 volt stream using the regulator for a much longer time. But you would have to spend extra money. like $25 for each battery and $40 for the regs. Not to mention $50+ for a charger, and maybe even a power source for the charger because AC input is hard to come buy on a $50 charger.

The 80cc plane setup on TBM. http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/L80ccA.htm

Dont know if you have seen this but it helped me sort things out tremendously. The two batteries on the reciever are for redundancy, not for running power seperately to the servos and reciever. They work so that if one battery fails, then the other one takes over so you dont go home in tears like I would. I think that I shall but a cheap 1500battery pack that I have lying around on my 30% yak for that purpose along with my li-ion pack. I dont see the purpose of having two very expensive high end packs for that setup one for hard flying and one for just saving the plane. I really dont see the need for redundancy at all, why would my battery pack fail, the odds are stacked so that it wouldn't. Its your money and however you want to ensure it.

What I should of said at first is that I bought a 6102 pcm radio and it changed my life!!!!

If I were you I would either get the JR 8130 or whatever the hell the number is behind their 8 channel radio. Buy the pcm one.
I love all the stuff that my 6102 can doo but I would love to be able to plug my 2 elevator servos into seperate channels and and still be able to do elevator to aileron mix for spoilerons and the like.

I am gonna install a pcm reciever on my yak when I get it done and use my 6102 untill I get the money for the Jr 8 channel radio. I would love too do the 9303 too but thats like $400 and the 8 channel one will doo all that I need. Once I get it installed later this summer I will put in those extra mixes and a smoke tank and pump to do the half time show during the football games at my school!

Wow I have written up an essay, sure hope somebody reads it.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:35 PM
RED DEVIL 300S

banche thank a lot !!!

that info was for shure the best i can hope for
thanks very much
Old 07-07-2005, 02:35 PM
mikeboyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem with those servos. Just different wiring colors. JR has plugs that could be improperly inserted, that is, they do not have the wing on one end, like Futaba'a. The brown wire is the common that get matched to the black wire on Futaba. The only time there is a problem is when you want to go from Futaba to JR. The little orientation wing doesn't allow the plug to fit into a JR receiver, unless you carefully trim it off.

I actually like the JR 8611a's the best, since they have the most torque for a nearly standard size servo and heavy duty arms are readily available from AirWild and Hangar9 (metal) and Dubro (composite).

Any other questions, feel free to email me directly.