Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Speed & throw adjustments

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Speed & throw adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 01:22 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed & throw adjustments

Am having extreem problems in elevator and aileron adjustment to get it right! I place airframe in a adjustable crutch and level all directions to 0. I have a "smart level" attached to my robarts meeter that is accurate to 1/2 of 1%. I adjust each half of elevator and aileron throws to the same degree and then verrify the outcome with a small lazer. The transmitter is placed on full up, the lazer placed on one surface, projected to the wall at least 8 feet away and the spot marked with a X on a stickee pad. The other surface then adjusted to the same spot if needed. The final result has got to be spot on (No pun intended). When I go fly, the plane will fall off to one wing, always in the same direction when easing into a harrier. Same problem with my Cap X and Banshee. The Banshee has warp aileron and elevator issues that require replacement I think. The Cap X is good. How in the world do you measure servo travel speed without relying on the eye only? Am using a JR 10 X, no match box as the radio is superior in my view, servos DS 8611. I can not see any speed difference in any of the surfaces, but the eyes are old. My ailerons are reflexing 100% per Horizon article 1457 which may be too much? Would appreciate any guidance and assistance is set up that I have not figured out. Sincerly appreciate any help given. Thanks
Old 07-07-2005, 01:28 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Speed & throw adjustments

could be lateral balance, thrust angle, a combination of both, too much surface deflection causing the plane to snap out...
etc. etc.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:13 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Speed & throw adjustments

Thanks for the attempted assistance! The real question is how to determine servo and related surface speeds other than the unreliable eyeball? I ballance everything in every direction. Throws and CG are as per manufacturer, Chip Hyde. The only thing left (hope) is servo speed differece.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Stupidity has a price that is always paid"